Crash Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dunasco, September 22, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Hmm, I've never seen that happen before. I mean, the log clearly shows that the mod is found and the mods.json shows that is should be used. On top of that, UI mods works as they should. So I'm at a loss what on Earth could be going on...

The only thing I can think of that might still help is clearing the PA configuration completely. To do so, go to "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment", rename the directory "Planetary Annihilation" to "Planetary Annihilation.bak". Start PAMM and install Battleship again. Start PA and try an AI Skirmish game. If it works, then great! If not, you can delete the newly created "Planetary Annihilation" and rename the old one back to get all of your settings and such back.
  2. dunasco

dunasco Member

It didn't work.
  3. dunasco

dunasco Member

I accidently removed the controls on my screen, how do I get it to go back? I pressed F5 and now the controls are gone, can't pause or save the game. It doesn't let me control anything or use the middle mouse button to maneuver.Never mind, the game black screened and then crashed, I was playing GW the time this happened and the only mod that was on was the battleship mod. Heres the log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 17, 2015
  4. dunasco

dunasco Member

5. DeathByDenim

You mean it's still crashing all the time?
  6. dunasco

dunasco Member

Yes, it still is crashing randomly.
  7. DeathByDenim

Can you try doing a clean boot? Instructions are here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/
    Also run PA with --nomods, just to make sure it isn't mods causing the crashes.
  8. dunasco

dunasco Member

Done. Will update if more crashes appear.
  9. zombiedriver

zombiedriver New Member

My game keeps on crashing when i go to make a lobby for skrimish there is a log here you can check please help me. Edit actualy i just have to sit in the lobby for couple of seconds and the game will crash it has some sort of error reading 3 mods wich is wierd because i dont have any mods

Attached Files:

10. DeathByDenim

It doesn't show a crash in that log though. Could you try deleting all of the log files, then start PA, create a lobby to make it crash, and then upload the newly created log file?

And just to be clear, the game crashes the moment you enter the lobby, and before you press the "START GAME" button, right?
  11. zombiedriver

zombiedriver New Member

the thing is that i just have to sit in the lobby for a couple of seconds .I read trough the file i has some kind of error reading a mod this is one of the things ERROR Error reading C:\Users\robert\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\server_mods: 3 and not actualy in the lobby but in the menu also

Attached Files:

12. zombiedriver

zombiedriver New Member

i dont know if its a crash because the game just stops responding and it says the pa.exe has stopped working

Attached Files:

13. DeathByDenim

Yeah, don't worry about the error about mods. It just means you haven't installed any (and hence PA can't read them), so that's fine.

Can you check the following list to see if you have any programs installed that could interfere with PA.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/

And another test: Can you turn off the local server? It's in Settings -> Server. If you go into a lobby then, does PA still hang?
    Turning off the local server means you'll use one of Uber's servers on-line instead of your own computer. You can set it back to auto afterwards.
  14. zombiedriver

zombiedriver New Member

i when to setting server and befo i manged to turn it off it stope responding and said pa.exe has stopped working i have Norton but the game worked fine when i first got it wich was some time ago so i dont think norton is the problem
  15. DeathByDenim

Try turning Norton off anyway to rule it out. Virus scanners tend to get updated every now and then, so change can happen.
    If that doesn't work, can you try doing a clean boot? Instructions are here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/
  16. zombiedriver

zombiedriver New Member

it works now i turned off the local server thing and it works in the lobby i do get the not respoinding loading circle but i goes away after some time the game works now thanks for being so helpful

ps i will reply if someting will stop working
  17. magneticpull

magneticpull New Member

This problem has seemed to have returned. What code did you use to fix this in between state. I'm having the same issue