Crash Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dunasco, September 22, 2015.

1. dunasco

dunasco Member

Hello, my friend recently bought me Planetary Annihilation, over the next few days of playing it, I started noticing intermittent crashes, like getting in halfway through a Galactic War battle. I haven't found a fix for it so I decided to post my DxDiag here to save some time. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. dunasco

dunasco Member

I have also noticed that the 'Launch PA' button has disappeared from my launcher, the only mods I have installed at the moment are: Awesome Projectiles and Free Energy.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's really strange that the launch button disappeared for you. I don't think I've seen that one before. Could you also post a PA log? You can find those in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log". You can just copy-paste that in the address bar of Explorer.

You should still be able to launch PA by going to C:\Games, which I think is where PA is installed by default on Windows.
  4. dunasco

dunasco Member

Thanks for the reply, I checked the thread again after my game crashed, I will post the most recent log.
    Update: The Launch PA button reappeared after clearing the Recycle bin?
    The PAMM said something about not detecting steam.
    ( The contents of the recycling bin was a shortcut to Planetary Annihilation that I threw away because the icon wasn't there ).

Attached Files:

5. DeathByDenim

Thanks!. It seems to complain about broken unit data. Can you try verifying the integrity of your game cache? Instructions are here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Also, could you try running PA with --nomods to disable any mod data from even being accessed. You can set that by right-clicking on PA in Steam and choosing "Set Launch Options".
  6. dunasco

dunasco Member

Thanks for the reply, I would also get lag spikes when an Orbital Laser Platform was finished building and when it would die. I will post an update after I have finished verifying and checking for crashes.
  7. dunasco

dunasco Member

Finished validating, was about 3-4 minutes, I don't think it detected anything wrong. Will try it out now.
  8. dunasco

dunasco Member

Launched the game the first time and it crashed, here's the log.

Attached Files:

9. dunasco

dunasco Member

Halfway into another game it crashes again.
  10. dunasco

dunasco Member

Crashes now happen very often.
  11. DeathByDenim

Ah, that's too bad. Those logs never seem to get to the point of uploading a crash dump.

This may sound a bit odd, but can you try unplugging the USB headset and see if it still crashes? At least, I think it's a head set. The DxDiag.txt is a bit unclear about that.

If that doesn't work, do try running PA with the --nomods parameter. The log you posted last showed that it was still loading mods.
  12. dunasco

dunasco Member

Okay, my USB headset crashes my other games too sometimes, I'll give it a try.
  13. dunasco

dunasco Member

I started it up today, it was on the main menu for about 2 minutes then crashed, I tried to launch it again but it crashes instantly after I press 'Play'.
  14. DeathByDenim

That was without the headset?
  15. dunasco

dunasco Member

It was still connected but I will try that now, I just rebooted my desktop from a bluescreen. I don't know what happened.
  16. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Out of curiosity, do you have the latest Intel graphics drivers as well as your Nvidia ones?
  17. dunasco

dunasco Member

I'm not sure about that, so far there haven't been any crashes.
  18. dunasco

dunasco Member

Nevermind, it just crashed, here's the log.

Attached Files:

19. DeathByDenim

20. dunasco

dunasco Member

Will try it out, thanks.