Continuous Build Tweak

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by arseface, January 17, 2014.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I only browsed the first couple pages so forgive me if this has been suggested.

I think continuous building would be a lot easier to use if it were tweaked.

Normal click initiates a normal build queue.
    Shift click initiates a continuous queue order(instead of the 5x it is now).

The normal order always takes priority over continuous.
    You have two number colors showing the queue differences.

Advantages. Allows you to easily interrupt normal production to get better defenses or new fabbers up without forcing you to requeue them afterwards. Vastly reduces factory micro.
    Disadvantages. You can't set something to cycle building 5 units as easily but you're cycling anyways.

Example scenario:
    You make a bot factory and tell it to build 2 bot fabbers and then cycle doxes. (click, click, shift+click)
    The 2 bot fabbers die due to accidentally reclaiming each other after the continuous dox order starts cycling.
    You tell the factory to build two more fabbers.(click, click)
    It builds the fabbers next then resumes cycles the doxes.(no clicks)
    rippsblack and blocky22 like this.
  2. chriscooper207

chriscooper207 New Member

I like the idea but i think it may be best leaving shift as is and moving the continuous onto its own key ( such as alt or ctrl ) as you may want to continuously build 5 dox to 1 (anti air bot), plus the shift has historically ( in TA like games ) been used for +5.
    blocky22 likes this.
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I like the idea, though I agree with chriscooper, this should be on alt. The key is (I think) available, no point remapping something that remains useful.
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Doesn't matter what it's bound to because we can rebind regardless.

I'd rebind it to shift because while I'm used to shift +5 I'm also used to queueing commands that I want done automagically with shift so it'd "feel" more right to me.