Constant crashing, memory errors

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Pinworm, July 27, 2014.

1. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

Here's my DXDiag.

Constant crashes make the game unplayable. Everything breaks. Crash in the lobby, crash in game, memory crashes, coherent ui crashes, etc. Same happens for my friend with an amazing PC as well, not that mine is a slouch, but his is top of the line for video rendering and constantly kept clean..

As for mine, all drivers up to date, I keep it clean too, GTX 660 2gb, 8gb ram, I5 3750k, game on an SSD, Windows 7 64 bit, everything up to date, every background program closed, nothing running but the game.

Running the game with everything off, at 75% native resolution.

I could play the game perfectly fine 3 months ago on max settings. Only issue then was the server lag. At least I could complete matches eventually, though :/

No issues with any other games

Attached Files:

elodea likes this.
  2. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

PA has always worked fine for me since the beginning.
  3. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Have you disabled virtual memory (paging file) by any chance?
  4. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

Actually, this is possible. I got an SSD about a year ago and I seem to remember making some changes and Page File sounds familiar - although this was a while ago and the game ran fine even so, until recently.

But I just looked and I had "let windows choose what's best.." unchcked and had it set manually to a max of 3500mb.. considering I have 8 gigs, is it possible this dumb setting is what was causing my issues with memory running out, despite only being at 36%?!

Changed it to let windows automatically decide.. will see if this makes a difference when I get home tonight.

Thanks a lot, hopefully this will help. I had completely forgotton about setting that
  5. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

So I played a few games now, crashes were drastically down, and memory usage now looks far more accurate! Clearly that was the/A significant problem.

Thanks!
  6. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Glad it helped. I had the same problem. (I really thought 16 GB would be plenty for anything I would ever do for quite a long time.) I re-enabled the paging file and haven't had any crashes or memory issues since.

Maybe Uber could consider having the game fail more gracefully if at all possible in this situation, and if relevant have a closer look at internal memory management.
  7. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

nope nevermind I still get crashes and memory errors :(

seems better tho
    elodea likes this.
  8. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Aww, too bad. :( Maybe I haven't played enough either then.