Confirmed Features List 2.0

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, March 27, 2013.

1. netolins

netolins New Member

2. sailcrbbn

sailcrbbn New Member

The feature to rotate buildings before being constructed is confirmed because it was shown in one of their last gameplay videos
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

UYes I know, I've been focused lately on getting my Topic Index up to date, that's up to date now so I'll be able to focus on the CFL now and on a couple other things I wanted to do.

Mike
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

didn´t find the propper thread for it ...
    but since commander upgrading during a match don´t seem to be a thing ...
    will there be a option to setup the commanders weapon before the match starts ...
    because i remember neutrino saying something about maybe switching between a rapidfireweapon or DPS weapon ... something like that ... i could be wrong though ...
    -
    another thing: bit of a concern for me is the chronocam during games ...
    while i could see it´s use for maybe rewinding to a point of time to know f.e.
    hey what exactly happened to the firebase plus radar i set up at point x watching that in a seperate window if possible ... what did my enemy have at that time that i missed while i was managing a battle on poin t y or a base on point z ... i mean i see potential there ...
    but i´m rather concerned about the casters of not propper utilzing it during a match ...
    and actualy thinking a bit about it ... someone realy good could potentialy edit togheter a pretty well made video of a tourney match and putting in f.e. multiple strategic important events that happened about the same time ... the question is will be casters and players be able to use it propperly ...

i think i myself would have trouble to use it during a match cause i rather would tryfocus on managing my bases and armies ... so yeah
  5. KNight

Indeed, I'd suggest either Searching or try some fo the other Sticky Threads, most notably the Topic Index.

Also, to be frank, you should put more though into your posts, I can't even figure out the points you're trying to make to be honest.

Mike
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i admit i have that problem to propper explain myself ...
    -
    and for searching bout commupgrades didn´t help me that much..sry
    ... gonna try topics then ...

but the first part should be actualy clear i think ...

the second part is about the propper utilility of a feature provided by the devs
    similar to SupComs ferry function f.e. but in this case the chronocam ...
    while i don´question it´s usefulness itself i question of how many players and/or casters in this case will use it that it is a legitimate feature ... and not ends up to be just a neat gimmick...

edit:

i do see on the featurelist that there seems no thread linked for commupgrades...
  7. r1zoTo

r1zoTo Member

I think this is [CONFIRMED]
  8. KNight

viewtopic.php?p=722243#p722243

Mike
  9. megacy

megacy New Member

Suggestions - Artillery, base killers (nukes, small asteroids, nuclear arty, tactical missiles, etc) Orbital Cannons, and I don't mean for units, I mean railguns, lazors, nuke cannons, that kind of stuff, would definitely emphasize the "high ground". Planetary Unit Cannons, Space bombers, Interplanetary Weapons, A special bomb that if detonated, destroys the entire planet, a ranged weapon that destroys planets from different solar systems, a way to fire at planets from across the Galaxy, planetary mining, (and yes, i know some of these are already suggestions, I'm just supporting them" Solar Satellites, Space Elevators, Railguns, Pretty much anything else that would be awesome.
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

This is not a make a suggestion thread. Unless you're saying someone from Uber has said these things are going to be in game, you're posting rubbish in here. And if you are saying these things are... you better include a quote or evidence that it's true.
  11. megacy

megacy New Member

oh, well... terribly sorry about that, didn't realize...
    :?
  12. bodzio97

bodzio97 Member

I would like to add that not only wind generators are confirmed, but gethermal power plants , liquid metal processing mines and gas power plants are as well.
    Proof to this are the sources next to the lava planets and gas giants.
  13. KNight

You'll have to pick it out specifically, because the Stretch Goal descriptions mention nothing about wind power.
  14. bodzio97

bodzio97 Member

Right they mention nothing about wind power, but you have mentioned wind generators as confirmed on the first post of this thread. All I wanted to say was geothermal, gas power plants and liquid metal processing plants are confirmed not only wind turbines. I forgot to specify that the backup sources can only be used to geothermal, gas and liquid metal processing plants, my bad.
  15. KNight

First off, the core list is not my work, there is a reason the Title has 2.0 in the title, I took it over from someone else after it was left to die on the vine.

Second, again, I need links to the Dev comments confirming things, I am planning to scour Dev posts, but with Alpha about to roll out and a lot of things changing over the last 8-9 months I'm having to reconsider the validity of it. At the list I'll keep things updateing going forward with new Dev comments as they go live, and I recently complete the Live Stream Index which has a lot of neat timbits buried away in the Q&A sessions.

Mike
  16. technoxan

technoxan New Member

Will there be a repeat button like in supcom. So you can just make one unit in a factory and press the repeat button and it will, "repeat?"
  17. lachlanpetersen

lachlanpetersen New Member

knight you need a medal for all the work you've done. Uber should make you a moderator or admin :)
  18. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

+1 to that! :mrgreen: knight's posts are always so informative!
  19. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I think you can put that one on the "will not be present" list. Never any feedback whatsoever on any of the topics (and there have been quite a few) and they have chosen to stick with the old pop-up system and static LoS radius in the alpha.
  20. k4trix

k4trix Member

¨

part of the game :)