Coming up soon... Server Mods!

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by chargrove, May 22, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Oh, and it looks like you have accidentally checked in some files under alpha ui, and some old GW factions.

Playing GW with cheat mods enabled shows the player vision/control flags.
  3. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Didn't realize the AI files were going out in client builds. That shouldn't be happening.

Not sure if shadowing AI files will work at the moment. I had planned on writing text files to go into the AI folders to describe how everything works before AI modding became a thing. Guess I waited too long. :)
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Shadowing UI files of the other clients works, so once my request here is fulfilled:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-client-api-requests.57785/page-2#post-933492

I can make a version of PA Stats that is a "server mod" so only the host needs PA Stats to gather the data of all players by making all clients load PA Stats.

But as long as I cant actually get all data I need within live_game it's pointless to push them the live_game mod files.
  5. chargrove

chargrove Uber Alumni

I didn't realize those AI or alpha UI files were going to be in there; I don't think my changes alone would have added those... a mystery!

It may be because the PTE build was pushed from our main development branch this time rather than the live one; that's not something we normally do. There could be files in there that the live branch removes.

We'll figure it out. :)
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The AI files have always been there.

Not sure which alpha UI files you're talking about; some have been in the client files for ages.
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

The AI files are there in the live stable stream as well, so it was not your change that caused this.
  8. chargrove

chargrove Uber Alumni

Ah okay, I'm on my phone and don't have the build in front of me; I'm just trusting what you folks tell me. :D
  9. wondible

I know we're hungry for information and all, but please enjoy your weekend. :)
    lokiCML likes this.
  10. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

11. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Time for so many fun ideas!!!!
    MCXplode likes this.
  12. wondible

Correction: cheat data is send to live_game by session variables that don't get reset.
  13. wondible

I had to call api.mods.sendModFileDataToServer to make it work in Instant Sandbox, so I think PAStats will be fine.

I also believe that right now, you could make a client mod that flips the "sent data" flag in new_game to make server mods a game setting.
  14. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Sticky?

Also....
    o_O hehehehe

I assume that eventually there will be a flag that will tell us weather its a mod or stock game.
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  15. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

There is a flag, and by default people are set to filter out modded games. I didn't want new people to accidentally get in to a mod game and not know what is up.
    lokiCML likes this.
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah that'd be nice
  17. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

We need a chaos mod an absurdity mod, thats lets things happens like ants and doxes flying out in space, units flying in between planets. Magical events, vortexes spawning, creatures coming from underneath the surface if the planet to eat your bots. A bunch of rubber chickens randomly spawn and massacre your units.
    cola_colin likes this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Uber could release the first version of the alpha again and we would be pretty close.

:D

More seriously.... no let's not get serious, we are talking about rubber chickens randomly winning the game.
  19. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Yeah that 1st version of the alpha, flying submarines, my commander fell through the planet and was laying down, so I built a base on the other side of the planet. Need a mod that regresses the game to alpha state.:cool:
    burntcustard likes this.
  20. chargrove

chargrove Uber Alumni

I wanted to follow up on this one. Can you (or anyone else) verify this crash, if you don't mind? I'm not reproducing it, and now that I have the code in front of me, it looks like we're shielding against this kind of thing, as intended. Can you repro?