Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

2. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Very snappy
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I really enjoyed some of the banter in the in-game chat :)

The mega base is also something chat gets very excited about now. I'm glad we got to see a proper one.
    Last edited: January 18, 2015
    icycalm likes this.
  4. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I like how clopse used the pre-game interview to spread disinformation. "I AM PRETTY SURE THE NEXT GAME WILL BE 2 2V2S"... and then he goes for a 3v2 lol. Nice move, clopse.

I think what PAG needs to enjoy the interplanetary part of the game is space fleets so that they'll have something to micromanage. And in the last resort they are right and this is how things should be. We just need Uber to commit to it at some point and start moving things in that direction. [insert flaming here]

Nevertheless, the bigger the game gets, and especially the bigger the TEAMS get, the more difficult PAG will find it to stay at the top, as a clan. As things stand they are up there, but with trouble. But how would it be if things moved to a 6v6 or 10v10 format? The more players per team, the more important coordination becomes and having a coherent overall strategic plan and committing as a team to making it happen. At that point even intermediates should be able to beat PAG, if they stick to the same thing they are doing now. The further we get from 1v1s, the more their power will decline... and I think that at about 30v30 even we should be able to beat them :)

It's great though to be able to have a clan that's so perfect to serve as a live example of the difference between strategy and tactics. As PA becomes bigger and more strategic, teams will have to adapt to this new dimension of the game or slide down the clan rankings (and watch the megabase becoming an everyday reality there...) And Exodus will be documenting every step of that evolution for future reference and instruction.

In the long run, once the day- and even week-long wars between huge teams of rotating shifts of players that Mavor envisioned in past interviews become a reality, the best place for the PAG players will be as front-line commanders under the command of an overall planetary or system commander. That's what their brains are best wired to tackle, and that's what they enjoy best and hence where they should be placed, both for the maximization of their own enjoyment, and for the greater glory of the various other clans that, at that point, they really should consider dispersing themselves among.
    Last edited: January 18, 2015
    nosebreaker likes this.
  5. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I believe the ultimate PA dream team would be me leading PAG lol. If I made the strategies for them and directed them in-game, we'd be utterly unstoppable. The problem is that some (perhaps most) of them have big egos, and wouldn't take orders from anyone, let alone what everyone considers a noob like me. And I am indeed a noob on the tactical front, but quite the opposite on the strategic one.

And with that I formally submit my application to join PAG as its leader lol, an offer that is valid indefinitely. If and when accepted, I would leave my clan at the hands of my second-in-command, and would ascend to godhood by becoming... a Planetary Annihilation God.
    nosebreaker likes this.
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Whenever PAG spawn in an unexpected manner it means one of them clicked the wrong spawn.
  7. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

Whenever someone has the audicity to tell me where to spawn, I spawn as far away and in the most awkward position possible.

Denied
    xankar, cptconundrum and trialq like this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Please say you'll be on the team vs us :)
  9. jeffrobot

jeffrobot Member

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=25701#p25701

"Also, the internal 2v2 and 3v3 we played yesterday were a lot of fun. The first was very evenly matched and hotly contested throughout, and the second was a bit uneven but still fun, and now that I know the capabilities of the new players I can make future matchups more even. If you add to this our large team games that we can organize on our own server every couple of weeks, I don't really see why we need anyone else to keep playing PA and having fun with it -- even more fun than we had on Clan Wars, since we can balance the teams as much as we want to make sure we get even matches (with, e.g. 4v5s or 5v7s etc. with eco modifiers if need be).

So, I am withdrawing us from Clan Wars for good, including from future seasons. You saw Quitch's response to my complaints about his behavior above: he didn't even bother to acknowledge them. And it was the same with the problems over color choice we were having at the start of the season: not the slightest attempt to work with me and find a solution. It's true that he agreed to let us not do the interviews, but I suspect he only did it to end Clan Wars on a good note, as opposed to being forced to tell everyone that The Cult has withdrawn from the league's ultimate fixture, and I suspect we won't be welcome for season 2 anyway. But however that may be, I do not want to participate any longer in a tournament overseen by Quitch. If Exodus replaces Quitch as tournament director in time for our RLM fixture, we'll play, and if Quitch is not the organizer for season 2, we'll play there too (and as long as we are allowed to speak our minds freely on the interviews, or be excused from them altogether and not be forced to do them).

But, overall, I just don't need in my life the sheer wall of negativity and pure hatred directed at me and, to a lesser extent, at all of us, from the "competitive" PA community. If Exodus can replace Quitch with someone actually competent, and take steps to INSULATE us from the community's more toxic elements, then I WILL BE GLAD TO PARTICIPATE. But if that doesn't happen, or until it happens, we will be playing large team games between us and with whatever other groups of people decide to join us by posting in my large team games thread."
  10. jeffrobot

jeffrobot Member

And as for the problems with Quitch he is talking about, this is what he's referring to: http://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=25663#p25663

Quitch was uncooperative and unhelpful to us from the start. This isn't a personal attack, we just want people to know why we are withdrawing.
  11. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

12. cdrkf

It's a shame your quitting as you guys have been getting progressively better with each fixture- strikes me as a bad way to end it so close to the finale of Season 1.
  13. Protz

Protz New Member

The Circle is now complete.
  14. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Can AC take their slot?
  15. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

next season you can! :)
    cptconundrum and drboggles like this.
  16. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

I meant for the rest of this season :(
  17. cdrkf

They've only got one more round to play :p

Edit: and it's verses RLM... are you SURE you want it? :D
  18. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

The Cult have chosen to forfeit their game against The Realm, therefore The Realm have been assigned the wins and six points with immediate effect. Their final games will thus be on the 31st January when they face off against Promethean and Voices of War.

Promethean, Voices of War, PA Gods and Team Burning will have one final fixture following this.

Unfortunately no additional clans will be accepted into this season, but we do plan to hold a second a short time after the first.
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Im kidding. Honestly, we're not ready as it is anyway.
    Unlike all you clans with people in the top 10, I have to turn my members into top 10 players :p.
    stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  20. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

id like to give quitch an award for his dedication of being a tournament director and all the future he will stay in that position
    xankar, stuart98, Alpha2546 and 2 others like this.