Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

2. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

Six matches a fixture instead of two. Also, the current standings:

League.png
    lapsedpacifist, PrinceAAwe and cdrkf like this.
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

is the season over after the 31st?
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

No, every clan will have one more opponent still to play.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

squishypon3, lapsedpacifist and cdrkf like this.
  6. klavohunter

klavohunter Member

Those orbital fabbers reclaiming Cult power plants... eeeeeevil!
    cdrkf and cwarner7264 like this.
  7. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

To clarify, the games will remain one clan vs. another clan, we'll simply be doing more matches in a single fixture.
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. cdrkf

I've been looking forward to our matches with you guys and vow :) should be a really good set of games imo. I'll also be watching team burning with great interest, as things stand clan wars are wide open as no one has got decisive enough lead to call it. Here's hoping for a 'photo' finish!
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

So potentially 4 different teams for that day? Hmm time to get in shape methinks. Wonder if PAG's A-team (and only team) will have the endurance for so many consecutive matches.
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. cdrkf

Yeah I think it will be a case of 'all hands on deck' :)
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  11. Quitch

MULLLLLLLLLLLLTIIIIIIIIII MATCH!
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

My clan is quitting Clan Wars. I wish we weren't, but it's for benefit of everyone involved: us, the other clans, Exodus, and the viewers. My detailed reasons can be found in the following two forum posts:

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=25353#p25353
    http://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=25355#p25355

If, after reading the above, Exodus would like us to stay in and finish what we started, we'll be more than happy to do it. We want to do it, but we don't think that you want to watch another 6 matches of us getting clobbered under 15 minutes.

Hopefully, if we one day manage to become competitive at or near your level, you will allow us to enter your events again. Either way, it's been fun, so thanks for that dudes. Enjoy the rest of the season.
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I for one would love you guys to stay. It's the taking part that matters. You guys quitting could deter similarly skilled clans from joining in the future years.More teams will mean the skill gaps won't be as large. If you guys wanna play you should. Who cares what people think anyhows . :p
  14. icycalm

15. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Of course we would be sad to see any team withdraw. I think our community is small enough that people understand if you aren't able to play at the level of some of the other teams, but I wouldn't care even if fans didn't approve. Clan Wars has no skill requirement and the league is designed to be a fun way for all the clans to get together and have some fun. If you never win a single game, will your team still have fun? Are the community and team building aspects of the league worth the stress of the matches? Will you feel accomplished if you can win just one game?

These are obviously things only your team can answer, but I hope you all stay. Some of your games have actually been pretty fun to watch and we were impressed by the personalities your clan contacts brought into the interviews.
  16. icycalm

Fair enough. We are staying then and sorry for the drama. And it goes without saying that my answers to all these questions is a resounding yes:

After all, we win enough games in the MP lobby to more than satisfy our desire to crush someone now and then. We are even playing 4v6s against randoms now, and win them more often than not. But it's still a huge leap from that to the clans. I don't know if we'll ever be able to make it, but I'll continue exploring our options to do so. I plan to be playing this game for years to come.

The Clan Wars matches are like the boss fights in singleplayer games to us.
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Now I'm glad that you guys still stay in the clan wars. I'd understand if you want to leave cause its not fun to lose all the games. We all want to rek someone one day or another and in the clan wars its especially hard because they're all really good.

Eventually there are probably going to be more clans in the clan wars ( I hope) and that creates more variation in the skill levels of the clans and with recuiting more players you'll increase the skill level also. It just takes some time.

Glad you guys stay though!
  18. Quitch

I'm not aware of any videos missing from eXodus. We link to every cast of every tournament, anything missing would be an oversight on our part, but checking the Clan Wars page I see that every game has linked casts.
  19. icycalm

https://www.youtube.com/user/paexodusesports/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=16

Where's The Cult vs. Promethean?

As for the rest, I am looking forward to this future Clan Wars with 10 or 20 clans or so, but what I don't understand is how Exodus will deal with the increased workload (or how the existing clans will deal with it, for that matter). Will you get more casters and organizers, or will you consign every single Saturday of the season to the league? I would guess that they would just cut the worse clans off, and keep the 5 or 10 best ones, which would probably leave us out.
  20. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

I've actually talked about Clan Wars with a couple of random players with clan tags I didn't recognize. People seems to really want to play in season 2. An alternative way of handling it from an organizers perspective could be to let all clans play matches, a couple of them concurrently, but only do a proper cast of the one you deem most exciting.
    icycalm likes this.