Caretakers & Build Priority

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by yurit1337, October 25, 2016.

1. yurit1337

yurit1337 New Member

So these are 2 suggestions I would have for mods, I would love to see some one make for PA, side note I would make the mod myself if I had the know how.
    These additions would be mostly quality of life additions.

1st: (Caretakers) the idea is from another game (zero-k) you can look up caretakers to have a better understanding of what I am talking about. But the main idea is that this structure is meant for unit building assistance it would have twice the building power of a normal constructor and twice the build range and would auto help, finish buildings or units from factory's, down side is that it is a building and can't move. And seeing how PA has a tier system in units, perhaps the same could apply to caretakers.

2nd: (Build Priority) This idea is also from Zero-k, So as the name implies you would have the option to set a building, unit or factory as high priority making it use more resources then other builders or factory's.

Example: You are making 20 Metal and 20 Energy and you have 3 builders using 30 M and 30 E in total, now you have a building you want to get done faster so you set the building or builder to high priority, now that builder will use its full 10 build power and the other 2 builders would only use 5 build power each thus making the building get finished faster.

This option is so useful and easy to manage your resources. instead of having to find other builders and stopping them to free up some resources using this option will make it easier.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I included caretakers in a previous mod of mine, but they were kinda buggy.

The build priority already exists in the mod "free energy".
  3. yurit1337

yurit1337 New Member

OK good to know thx for the info, is the caretakers mod working alright or is it like really buggy?