Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Remy561 and jables like this.
  2. cola_colin

[​IMG]

@tvinita I've not checked why this happens, but as can be seen in this screenshot I think the narwahl still deals aoe damage via torpedos. The submarines do not.
    Intended?
    Remy561 and Quitch like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Gah.

Tom, do you want the game to be exclusively about having more T2 air than your opponent? If not...
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That might not be intended, but I think I might actually like it.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cola_colin

@stuart98 the t2 fighter sucks compared to the t1 fighter. So if you sit on a planet and just spam t1 air an equal opponent with t2 fighters won't be able to do much with them. As it stands I am doubtful the t2 fighter will be very useful, apart from situations where you have a massive advantage and just need to break the last planet of some player who tries to protect himself by spamming air.

That makes the narwahle a very powerful submarine killer though.
  6. stuart98

Narwhal torpedo is destroyer/destroyer_tool_torpedo, which references destroyer/destroyer_torpedo_ammo, which has AoE splash. Durp.
    Remy561 and burntcustard like this.
  7. tvinita

tvinita Uber Employee

That's a bug. We'll get it fixed in the next build. Sorry about that!
    ace63, Remy561, Quitch and 2 others like this.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I think it was added to stop people from just using nothing but bombers to lock down a planet. The unit itself may never be used, but it does at least force people to lock down a planet with some fighters mixed in too.
  9. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

The following are still not fixed in PTE 77272:
    • broken auto refresh checkbox in server_browser.js (data-bind: checked is a value update not a function call)
    • planets missing and always show as not selected in server_browser.js (get rid of the second ! in if (!gameData.system || !_.isEmpty(gameData.system) line 413)
    • random planet generator is missing in new_game.js
    • refresh of UI when host downloads server mod in new_game.js
    • starting planets html is still missing from server_browser.html (#detail-pane-wrapper .planet-biome)
  10. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

[​IMG]

The new anchor model and effects are awesome.

The laser that shoots ground only visually halfway gets there though, and as you can see, the projectile hit explosion for the anti-orbital weapon is a bit crazy.
    lafncow, wilhelmvx, Remy561 and 6 others like this.
  11. cola_colin

ace63, Remy561 and thelordofthenoobs like this.
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

What's wrong? That's exactly how it is with T1. Moving it to T2 changes nothing but perspective.
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the t2 fighter will definitevely need some tweaking that is why we are testing it with the pte .. so lets calm our nipples ...

my personal opinion it should not fire trackable missiles but lasers it should have a chance to miss for its transorbital capabilities, no aoe aswell ...
    Last edited: January 27, 2015
    Remy561 and drz1 like this.
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Notes:

The T2 fighter is super Op.

Holy crap.

I dropped ten of them and won against fifty t1 fighters without losing a single t2 fighter. wut.
    Went into a bigger match, and we used T2 air to wipe the enemy from the airspace, even after they had a massive lead in air superiority.

It makes scouting on other planets really simple. I don't like it personally. i think the ability to project your airpower across a solar system is completely overpowered, no matter how it is balanced. It takes emphasis off using orbital to actually do orbital things.

The Orca is actually better now. Yay! Mixed unit compositions are now a thing.

The new Anchor is cool. It looks like it might be more useful metal for metal, but for the space it takes up in orbit, it really needs a buff against orbital units. More testing is needed, however. The current ground-shoot animation is nearly invisible from the ground.

Cheaper T2 Sub? :D More spam!

The leviathan is still super OP because of it's range.

Grenadiers are still completely worthless. Their range is crap, their damage is bad, and they are one shot by tanks.
    Zaphys, ace63, Remy561 and 1 other person like this.
  15. cola_colin

A t2 fighter costs as much as 4 t1 fighters. It has 1,75 more health, 1.2x the range, is 10 slower, and has ... oh actually do I understand correctly it has 4x the dps of the t1 fighter because it has a 4x higher fire rate? I missed that, if that is the case I guess it's quite powerful. Might need to scale back that dps. If it is just plain better than the t1 fighter that would be bad.
    iron71, Remy561, proeleert and 3 others like this.
  16. stuart98

Mered, they annihilate dox and their DPS is only slightly worse than ants but they cost 33% less. Their range is slightly longer. If they were two-shot by ants they'd be borderline OP.
    Remy561 likes this.
  17. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

at first glance, the idea behind the pheonix seem to have been to counter people who defended their planet surface with bomber/ gunship swarms. granted, one could have just sent in spinners with a unit cannon, but they would die just as quickly.

are they effective? Yes. TOO effevtive at the moment. but again, that is why this is PTE. we test it. send feedback, and they tweak. i, for one, welcome this new change. because while yes, it's air that goes between planets, its only a fighter. it cannot destroy buildings, and it certainly can't do jack **** against ground forces. start defending with Turrets people. this thing was engineered to discourage air-only defenses.
    drz1 and MrTBSC like this.
  18. cola_colin

I think the main issue with grenadiers is the horrible range. A low range artillery unit just makes no sense.
    Zaphys, ace63, wilhelmvx and 2 others like this.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

that is exagaration the fighter is purely aa ... ssx is antiground avangers are antiorbital, anchors can shoot down fighters with them being unable to shoot back ... the only real issue would be scouting ... however flak and ground aa would deal with the fighters with them not able to shoot back aswell ....
  20. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

How am i suposed to buy them new teleporters for crazy rush strats?
    elodea and burntcustard like this.