Build 48773 Online

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

- Number of UI changes and fixes
    - Two or three server stability fixes
    - A functional options menu that should help with some of you who have machines that need a little more flexibility on options
    - An in game options menu that allows you to exit out of a game (we still don't handle join/re-join very well, so be warned)
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

downloading
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

My Net is being seriously disrupted for a day or so. The evenings should be a better time to play so I'll get on it then.

Hope there's a few people playing in the evening... I haven't faced a proper opponent in days!
  4. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

- The bug where the HUD is partially hidden unless the screen is resized is back, the version before this had it fixed.
    - The selection halo on units seems like to have the wrong UV-settings.
    - The "Game options" in the in-game doesn't actually do anything.
    - I have a feeling video options aren't actually working, I set everything to low and off, but it's still pretty detailed and I'm seeing headlights.

- Either someone tried to connect to my game, or the server crashes at the moment you try to move 32 units at once. It's the same scenario as last time, right as I'm about to move in and give my units the first instruction, the game disconnects.
  5. Col_Jessep

Yup, I crashed Garat's game yesterday and Eka crashed mine. Joining other player's games doesn't work atm. :(

Maybe it works when the game hasn't started yet. We should test that tonight.
  6. nanolathe

1, There are some serious stability issues with this build. Before I was almost able to guarantee I'd finish a game against a single AI... not so much these last few games. I'm crashing every single game without fail.

2, ChronoCam Lag is back with a vengeance, I'm having to hit my END key every few minutes or so to keep up with the simulation. I know I said my Net wouldn't be perfect... but it's not that bad. If I can stream 1080p video I should be ok for running the game. :p

Any ideas as to what's causing this Uber? With 60meg Fibreoptic broadband and a beast of a rig I'm stumped as to what's the limiting factor... and why this happens (to just me?) so often

3, I'm assuming some optimisation was done on Decals and their LODs at different zoom levels or whether it's currently on screen or not, correct? Unfortunately this has made no noticeable increase in FPS for me at the cost of the game looking ugly as hell as I move around and zoom. Scrolling causes noticeable jumps and skips in my FPS, as does zooming in and out with any degree of speed.

(maybe something to do with Virtual Textures being stuck on "medium"?)

----
    4, Unable to reproduce. What units were you using? I had 70+ mobile units (scampers) without the game crashing... or even seeming to hurt the simulation. Unfortunately after about 40+ scampers the animations go VERY janky. Decoupling the Animations from the simulation seems to have some disadvantages.

However what I can confirm is that sometimes a game will crash at any point and it has something to do with ordering units to move. Mine was a single Kbot Fabricator I ordered to move into a better position to lathe. I believe he had a build queue that would have been canceled due to my actions.

5, Once you crash a session it's impossible to create a new game without the client crashing to desktop. After a "black-screen" crash use the ESC menu to quit out to the Main menu. Then try to create a new game. Game will hang on the loading screen and after about 2 minutes (on my system) crashed to desktop.[/list]
    Last edited: June 3, 2013
  7. Col_Jessep

I think the settings don't save. When I go back everything is back on medium. And when I select high or ultra in Graphics Quality the other settings don't change. (They should, right?)

But I like the stuff you added this patch, especially the more visible waypoints.

PS: And the server seems to be at capacity or lagging or something. Every time I give a command my units are like: "Nope, tea break, come back in 5." before they start building anything. Fells like 4000ms ping right now.
  8. nanolathe

I can confirm that some settings do not save, nor carry forward into your next game. I specifically turned off headlights and shadows (and checked twice that the drop-downs didn't revert back) but in my next game the headlights and shadows were on. Graphics quality and virtual texture seem to have no effect as of now... don't know if that's due to them not saving or not.

Upon exiting to the main menu via the ESC menu the Graphics Settings are all reset to their default "Medium".
  9. Col_Jessep

I tried to play a game despite the lag and used End to resync with the server. It worked for a while. Then I build 11 air factories and began spamming fighters (!80 or something). It ran okay until I found the AI and attacked. I'm not sure what went wrong but my factories turned unresponsive and I eventually had to quit.
  10. nanolathe

:shock:

I... ... I....

I have no words:
    :| :) :D :lol:

Attached Files:

11. garat

That's just how they roll. *ba dum tish!*

There's a couple known issues with unit position, but good to see this.
  12. nanolathe

Been able to confirm any of the previously listed issues garat?

Are we even helping? :p
  13. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

It looks like you uncovered one of the new "features".

FABBERS IN SPACE
  14. Col_Jessep

Looks like somebody is in the mood to put new effects into everything. I like!

I wish I could add some custom BB code right now.
  15. nanolathe

The Uber launcher is taking a VEEEEEERY long time to update. Is something wrong?

Aaaand I can't log in either :<
  16. garat

At the time, we were running a bunch of tests internally, so that may have been part of the problem. Also, may have been simple latency. If it keeps happening, we'll need to investigate.
  17. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Just tried it an indeed something is up. Looking into it.
  18. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Nano, try it now?
  19. nanolathe

Still Really slow. It hangs on "Checking for updates..." for almost three minutes. Takes about five minutes total for me to get to the main menu.
    It took me less than thirty seconds before...
    But logging in is ok now.

Sorry this is so late. If you need me I'm always on Steam. Shoot me a message there if something needs testing ASAP.

By-the-by, How come no one's testing this stuff most of the time? I keep looking for opponents and no one is ever online to play or test at all :(
  20. garat

Because there's only a few people in the alpha currently.. mods and a few others. Most of us are testing in the development environment most of the time because we're making changes too quickly to push constantly to live. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.