Bug/error.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by roekoek, July 11, 2017.

1. roekoek

roekoek New Member

Hello everyone, I recently have been playing planetary annihilation titans. But today I have encountered some issues. I always had 60 fps . Now when I go fullscreen, I only have 15 fps. When I go into windowed mode I have the usual 60 FPS. Also when i Alt+tab I have 60FPS

In the image you can see i have it on fullscreen. I also have 15 fps in the upper right corner
    I cant upload the windowed versions but believe me then it is 60fps.
    I also included the latest Log file of my game. I hope i did it good..

If someone could help me I would be happy

FUllscreen windowed.png FUllscreen windowed 3.png FUllscreen windowed 4.png

Attached Files:

2. roekoek

roekoek New Member

By the way if i need to include something say it to me and I will
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I have seen this before. You are probably using a TV as a monitor, right? It has something to do with the way that Windows or the graphics drivers force vsync on borderless windows (which is what PA uses when in full screen mode). It seems to happen most often with Nvidia. Can you try disabling G-sync in the Nvidia control panel?

And, yeah, it's really weird. If you open another program with PA full screen in the background you will get 60fps which you see when you have the Alt+Tab window open. I don't fully understand it.
    roekoek likes this.
  4. roekoek

roekoek New Member

It is wierd yeah :p. And no I dont use a tv as a monitor. I am using my laptop. But I am still going to try disabling the G-sync.
  5. roekoek

roekoek New Member

I have no idea where i can find the G-sync. But i know that it has to to with my graphics card. I switched the settings from this (first screenshot)
    To this (second screenshot)
    Then I got 100 FPS in the menu and 20 FPS ingame..

upload_2017-7-12_8-21-14.png upload_2017-7-12_8-22-3.png
  6. DeathByDenim

You switched it from the Nvidia card to Intel? That should make it a lot slower since the Nvidia GPU is much more powerful. So try keeping it set to Nvidia. The G-sync option is supposed to be in the same section you are in now, all the way at the bottom called "Vertical Sync". It may not be in the per-app settings, but in the general settings though. Found this screen shot:
    [​IMG]
    roekoek likes this.
  7. roekoek

roekoek New Member

I dont see the g-sync. And also i dont have all those options to the left of my screen...
    (see attachments.)

Attached Files:

• d.png
      d.png
      File size:
      171.4 KB
      Views:
  8. DeathByDenim

Hmm, can you try turning it off anyway and see if it makes a difference?