Black Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kupiche, January 12, 2017.

1. kupiche

kupiche New Member

Only a black screen upon launch no sound only mouse and back screeen. Taskmanager says game is running and so does steam. I have updated all my drivers an have no incompatible software running. Game was working fine yesterday and has been since purchase last week. I'm in the process of reinstalling the game and hope this works. Of not I have attached dxdiag and some logs. Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Drivers are a bit out of date... Driver Date/Size: 15/12/2015

What display? TV?

Try window mode first with alt-enter.
    Last edited: January 13, 2017
  3. kupiche

kupiche New Member

Big picture does not allow game to work either still black screen, and I using driver booster pro edition so all drivers should be up to date
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Can't see any reason why PA would stop working.

Did you update anything recently?

It's failing to create the OpenGL context which suggests a bad driver or out of memory.

Is that the NZ model Aspire ES1-531 originally with windows 8?

The driver you have installed is 4352 which doesn't include the N3700 as a supported product:
    Most recent N series driver is listed as 4256:
  5. kupiche

kupiche New Member

I had a normal windows update recently. The model of my computer is N3700 not NZ, but it come with in built windows 10 from start. I will get the most recent N series driver and see if things are fixed, thanks for your help
  6. kupiche

kupiche New Member

The game is working fine on my other computer in the house so it is definitely a problem with my computer, if this new driver does not improve things any other suggestions?
  7. kupiche

kupiche New Member

Something even more odd now, I was able to get the game to work this morning though it is no longer working in the evening, I literally have no clue what is wrong anymore!