Beta Build: 59607

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, January 16, 2014.

1. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

First of all, the new patch was awesome, we have so much fun in the games...

There is one problem though, all games we played stopped in the middle, roughly 20-40 min into game, lost connection to server... server crash... every single time...
    NomadMan31 likes this.
  2. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Hopefully there are some balance fixes, orbital fabbers nanolathe doesn't extend to the ground the navy picks up speed or navel units can move at their orginal speed.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I think commander repair should be a lengthier process. Right now, they have as much health as a nuke does damage, and it repairs in moments. That could be longer than 1 fabber per damage 1 unit puts out, shorter than several minutes, in my opinion.

Besides that, I am ok if orbital fabbers assist ground repair and fabrication, only if their cost is greater than air for fabrication, for obvious reasons.
  4. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Combat fabricators:
    How they currently are:
    Move = move and heal any wounded units in range while moving
    Attack move = sit there

How they should be:
    Move = as-is
    Attack move = move and heal any wounded units in range while moving; if there is nothing to heal, reclaim any enemy items in range; if there is nothing to reclaim, then move
    Last edited: January 21, 2014
  5. naginacz

naginacz Member

I like this idea.
    The SC engineers work in this way.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  6. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

QFT. Absolutely!
  7. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Oh, I also think "use" should have higher priority than "Repair" when it comes to automatic commands. Currently if your teleporter is damaged and you have fabrication units selected, their default action will be to repair it. I think it's a bit more intuitive if their first instinct was to walk through it, with repair being the thing you have to manually select.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

i think the idea behind repair overiding use is that the teleporter is something that, once built, will very quickly come under fire. if the fabbers first instinct, then, is to walk through, the teleporter will not last very long.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Yesterday I had the first event I have ever encountered of t2 metal being unable to build on wreckage.

Also, shall we expect a build this week?

And Garat, the debug cam fix is my favourite change from the build. Thank you and the team so much!
  10. bradsh

bradsh New Member

Last edited: October 24, 2018
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I will be shocked if it lasts another 7 hours... Fingers crossed :D. Thursday is a good day for the guys to let the patch out and if tuesdays preview of the next build is anything to go by it would appear it was nearly ready.
    MCXplode and LavaSnake like this.
  12. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

Fabricator AI Routines are coming along very nicely.

Patrols - (Repair and Assist) are working well, not sure if there is going to be Reclaim added to this routine if so Looking forward to it.

Not sure if the Patrol circles are limited for Air, but having the option for Land/Fabbers units would be very usefull, if reclaim is added to the AI Routine.

Looking forward to next patch
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Why did people bump this thread and get my hopes up? :(