Beta Build: 55430 / 55493

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 16, 2013.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I've read that due to technical limitations of display outputs, many 4k screens have to be treated as 2 panels from the gpu perspective. I was thinking that might be why pa is seeing a resolution lower than 4k, similar to when you run it on a system with multiple screens like I do... Out of interest what would happen if he switched to windowed mode and stretched the screen manually to fill the monitor?
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I actually second this nomination. I'm both impressed and confused as to how the user managed to find that specific post to try to identify their problem.
    Remy561 likes this.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, 4K monitors seem to need two HDMI outputs to display in 4K.

And good point about windowed. My guess is that the UI would be even tinier. :)
  4. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Are you able to play in fullscreen on 4k? I didn't think PA could display 4k fullscreen. The max resolution it can display in windowed is 2560 x 1440.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

At least in width it can go further, I can start it windowed to 5760*1080 and it plays fine. The UI isn't made for it though.
  6. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Errr what? Seriously the game doesn't work properly on 4k? Now thats an oversight....
  7. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I think they might have to update their UI to futureproof PA a bit more, would be nice if it would scale automatically for different resolutions and maybe have a slider which sets a certain scale value for user defined UI sizes.
    cdrkf and ace63 like this.
  8. omnicognate

omnicognate New Member

actually it looks the same, but gets rid of the edginess on the text and looks like how it should
  9. omnicognate

omnicognate New Member

well, i tried using 2 hdmi, but it basically means that id have to switch between displays on it because only half is displayed at a time :D
    i actually use display port for connecting my monitor, but it displays faster, so there's less screen lag :)
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Hey. I have a preliminary version of the scaling mod here: https://github.com/DeathByDenim/uizoom
    Can you download the zip and extract it in your mod directory and then enable it with PAMM? In PA unders settings there should be a slider under the UI tab for setting the scaling. Try 200% or so. (btw slider in the settings work weird for me, so it may require some fidging. This seem to be a bug in PA itself)
    mkrater likes this.