Balancing the Game with a tiny Modded Server?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by regeta, July 27, 2011.

1. regeta

regeta New Member

Before I go ahead and purchase a server to host my own MNC game, I was wondering...

Has anyone successfully modded this game in the slightest?

By this, I mean toning down some of the more OP classes.

Granted, turning off custom classes might balance the game greatly, but still...if it doesn't, I want to know if I have the option to tweak the game to become better balanced.

If so, I might in the future set up a group of Pro's to min/max, exploit, and cheap their way to winning so we can all finely tune and balance the game. There are some classes which are clearly OP, as can be seen by the overwhelming fact that the "best" players tend to all play the same two classes, with the same Endorsement choices, and these "best" players often (if not a very good player) suck at any other class besides these two.

I am talking about looking into the game to perhaps adjust damage values, abilities, recharge times, or even ability delays.

Thank you,
    -Regeta
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

The best players usually play these few classes because they are the most fun in pubs. The classes are pretty tightly balanced though it could be argued that while the sniper is not objective based he can make the game unfun for heavy players or people who don't juke.

The two endorsements (RoF and Armor) are the most used because all classes benefit from their use despite say a particular class being based around using skills. RoF is not overpowered, it just has plenty of utility.

Have you played the game BTW or read into class matchups? Most of the whining you will see is either the result of or the call for a nerf.

We are still waiting for a mod kit and server restrictions are limited to match time, obstacle use, mascot appearance, juice buying, overtime and overtime length.