Balance Discussion Meeting

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by cwarner7264, September 17, 2013.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

apparently not
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think it's more a case of 'what do we want?' than anything else.
  3. ubertrem

ubertrem New Member

Unrelated but... England and Ireland are not in the same time zone as Spain, Italy and Germany etc... :D
  4. cwarner7264

5. tatsujb

Guys I can't seem to fix this, it's been like this FOREVER. Googledoc and answers and some stuff have an interface entirely in spanish, not that I don't understand but I like to pick my language, youtube, google+ and gmail all show up in U.S. english, I set the language to english in google options and even switched it around, managing to put other languages on these buggy parts but for some reason everytime i try to use googledocs in english the interface is in spanish!! I have litteraly no explanation to it. even in a fully english gmail interface, the keyboard button is in spanish wtf?
  6. exdeusmachina

exdeusmachina New Member

Would love to join. PM me !!!
  7. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

What about the fairest way to run competitive matches? ;) I think this will always be an issue as Neutrino has stated that he doesn't plan on having custom made planets for launch. So unless someone makes a mod we'll be playing on procedurally generated planets which will never be 100% equal.
  8. cwarner7264

I think you mostly answered your own question there ;) If it's okay with you, I'd like to save that until the open discussion at the end? Because I'm not sure that's really a question of balance; more like badgering Neutrino to make sure he keeps fiddling with the procedural generator ;)
  9. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Well the subject is about balance.. balance of random starting positions. But I understand this meeting is more intended for unit balance so that's cool. If it gets discussed at the end and something comes out of it I'll be happy :)
  10. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

I think I may have a mic Saturday after all. Could you PM me the TS3? Thanks.
  11. cwarner7264

I'll be sending out the PMs on Saturday :)
  12. frenky29a

frenky29a New Member

I'll try to attend. Can you specify the server etc in 1st post? Or send invitation via PM.

Edit: I see, you send PM. Can you put large scale destruction first? If you dont play with top 10 players which beat you with first peewee then all games are about nukes. I think now it is most unbalanced stuff.
    Last edited: September 20, 2013
  13. tatsujb

I can't be there in the end :(
  14. cwarner7264

How come?
  15. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

What are you guys planning? a theory crafting session? I would have gone if a dev went, but i cant see this becoming anything more than theory crafting.
  16. cwarner7264

Take a poke at the agenda. It's all high-level discussion at this point - just trying to get a feel for the community's opinions.

Although I don't think there'll be a dev there in person, they will be listening to the recording, so it is still worth coming along if you've got any opinions you want to share!
  17. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Thats not convincing ^_^ But good luck getting past the bias some of the community seems to have though.
  18. cwarner7264

Your loss ;) and I've no intention in getting past anything - if people are biased it'd be good to hear their reasoning as to why!
  19. tatsujb

Birthday party that I have to go to, worst is I really don't want to, that friends house is hell on earth to me, but I won't be forgiven if I don't come.
  20. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Even if it's just theorycrafting it is not a bad thing to do so. Having meetings like this makes sure that atleast a part of the (vocal) community can agree on what makes a good game. That way whenever the developers decide to gather user input again, we can all stand up and say "this is what we want".