Balance Discussion Meeting

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by cwarner7264, September 17, 2013.

1. carnilion

carnilion Member

any mod delete this plz
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I may lurk on this; really not up to snuff on game balance so a learning opportunity would be neat.

Is the server TS2 or TS3?
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Well the whole point is to gauge basically what people want to see and to bounce some ideas around. It's really nothing that formal, and it's an excuse for pow-wow :)

It's TS3!
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Make sure someone takes notes so you all remember what you want to see.
  5. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I'll be there, and it would be great for a dev to get in, not so we can pour our balance woes onto them, but so they may be able to provide with a little more info on the updates they've been working on with regard to balance related issues, for instance I remember the metal site locations being worked on, it would be interesting to hear how far that has come along and what they're aiming for in a little more detail. There is little sense in establishing spawn-balance regulations now if it's all going to change in 2 weeks when the beta comes out.
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Also, I'm happy to write up minutes :p
  7. cwarner7264

I'll do a recording of it, it's fine ;)
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

good idea, though I think the best way to discuss balance changes is separate forum threads for each topic (eventually a sub forum for balancing needs to be created, if the community's input is wanted big style).

Balancing is all about numbers and this can only be put right in text, so that everyone understands :D a discussion with lots of people in teamspeak probably will only be the start.
  9. cwarner7264

Agreed :D
  10. Giger

Giger New Member

I'll likely be there
  11. theadamwest

theadamwest Member

A heads up OathAlliance and possibly Lokthar will be attending from Ballistic Logistics, wish I could be there myself but I'll listen to the recording. You guys should consider taking notes and updating the thread with what was discussed after the meeting takes place!
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Seriously the only thing that makes any sence is the +1 -1 stuff. You say europe, I'm like sure, what part of europe, cuz time varies troughout it.

I'm +1 ffs and so is england and spain and italy and germany, and belgium, and ireland and switzerland and....
    [​IMG]

Anyways I'm in but as a reminder I'd like to know what the teamspeak adress is also.
  13. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

Sounds like fun. I don't have mic but it will certainly be interesting listening to the debate -- I know that the current lineup of people are smart and informed enough to carry an interesting conversation.
  14. sirvladamir

sirvladamir Uber Alumni

I won't be able to be at the meeting live, but I will definitely be listening to the recording when its posted.

Minutes might also be good. Make notes of times that interesting stuff is said.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  15. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

I got lost in the sea of comments are we using messenger pigeon or teamspeak? And if so what time?
  16. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

It's on Teamspeak 3 at 18:30hrs UTC.

Moving on, I'm representing Ballistic Logistics and will need the handy little handout message thing. Also, I was wondering if we could stream this on Twitch(for those who may not be able to join in on TS3, but want to listen in as it happens)?
  17. cwarner7264

Sure - anyone who's in the meeting will be able to stream it to an external browser-viewable source. I'll make arrangements accordingly and put details in the OP

I'll make sure there's plenty on record for fuelling discussion afterwards :)

I appreciate it's a weekend, so not the best time for you guys (you seem to work about 12 hours a day Monday to Friday, I think an additional weekend stint might be a bit much!), but as per previous comments in the thread, it's the best time to get as many community members online as possible.
  18. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I don't quite see the point in this meeting. Uber has lots of balance changes they've already worked on and they'll be released with Beta. So any discussion we have here will be practically pointless until we see what changes and additions Uber does with Beta.
  19. cwarner7264

It's intended to be purely theoretical at this stage - a case of looking at where we are now (with the latest build, and comparing with previous builds) and where we want to be :)
  20. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Discussion is good and all, but any discussion we have now will be completely irrelevant since what we're working with now is drastically different than the changes Uber has already made. They're making some very drastic changes.

I'd be interested in one of these meetings a few weeks after Beta release. But now? Pretty much no point. :-/