Audio missing for intros

Discussion in 'Support!' started by lulamae, December 3, 2017.

1. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I have full audio functionality throughout the game. But when I try to watch the intros listed in the lower left corner of the main menu, there is zero audio.

This occurs whether game play is set for either Titans or Classic.

Thoughts?
  2. lulamae

Anyone else have this issue?
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I don't, but the way the audio works for that video is a bit weird. It uses a different system for playing the audio of the video compared to background music and in-game audio. So it's entirely possible to have different volume controls for both. I'm not too familiar with Windows, but in Linux you can control the volume per audio stream. Image search shows in Windows you have something like this?:
    [​IMG]
    When you are playing the video, there should be two streams in the Applications part there.

If you don't want to bother with finding the cause of this, you can also just find the videos it is trying to play in <PA install directory>media/ui/main/shared/video, where the locations of <PA install directory> can be found here. (I know you already know where that directory is, but this is for people stumbling upon this thread. :) )
  4. lulamae

Thanks. I do have 2 streams, one for PA and one for Coherent UI, and both are on and at 100%. I didn't find out until tried to share the videos with someone. I'm less concerned if it's just me than if it was a result of the latest update.

It's likely an issue with my new PC with a gaming motherboard. It has sorts of audio bells and whistles but I just want the dam thing to play :)
  5. lulamae

The problem is with my headset. I recently shifted from a Logitech USB unit to a Arctis Steelseries 7 wireless unit. When I swapped back I could hear the audio fine.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well... that's kind of weird. But glad you figured it out. :)
  7. lulamae

Found the problem/solution by accident while I was troubleshooting why iTunes wouldn't play.

New to me, there is a dial on the headset to vary the relationship between game volume and chat volume. It seems the intro audio and iTunes use the same stream relative to my headset. So I have to keep the fader/mixer dial in the center detent to hear all streams equally.
    DeathByDenim likes this.