Atlas (Artillary web RTS) re-emerging

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by wondible, September 12, 2015.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

2. wondible

3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

@wondible wow I was sent to artillery's website by a FAF member because one of my faf icon redesigns resembled their "A" too much but how is it I never knew about them seemingly they're a big deal? what is it they've done before?
  4. wondible

I don't think they've done anything else before, at least as a company. They've mostly been in closed technical pre-alpha, with an NDA to prevent old information from having circulating when the game launches. I originally followed them because of the partly replaced browser tech video, and I'm guessing Day[9] was pretty much their marketing plan, so it will be interesting to see how they manage now.
  5. wondible

The web page is live with a lot more detail, including an into video and press description, which should be enough to figure out it's interesting to you.

https://guardiansofatlas.com/

"Guardians of Atlas is a unique MOBA-RTS hybrid (“army battler”) for Windows and Mac which combines the action-packed, hero-centric gameplay of a MOBA and the economy, territory control, and individual unit control of an RTS. In our first game mode, Skirmish, two teams of three players (3v3, PvP or bots) build and upgrade their armies, fight to destroy the enemy’s base, and summon titans — powerful units that help a team push forward. Players with a MOBA background will find the gameplay to have more depth and strategy while players with an RTS background will enjoy the frequent battling and unique army compositions. Competitive players will enjoy our replay system (every game is recorded and shareable) and post-game analytics."
  6. tatsujb

7. tatsujb

this is crazy how come they're holding back on the "why" like this!
  8. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Must've been the camera view, didn't let them see further than a foot into the future of their game. Must've been too claustrophobic working in that kind of zoooooooomed in environment.
    Last edited: September 23, 2016
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

$$$
  10. tatsujb

it still allows you to play bots
    upload_2016-10-18_19-18-54.png