Assault Bomb Jump.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by zodiark1234, July 9, 2011.

1. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Anyone use it liberally in a game, whether it is for a very high jump (Hi Assassins), Escape from what could be a bad situation, or coupling it with Charge to traverse an entire map in seconds.

Quite frankly, I find bomb jumping to be extremely useful given the Assault's Fly skill, and gives him the ability to supersede the Assassin in mobility. With Gold Armor, the damage received is fairly small, perhaps around 20% at Bomb lv3.
  2. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I use it maybe once or twice a match depending on the map and if I'm running gold armor. The damage is really not too bad when you've got gold armor to beef you up.
  3. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I only use it for escape when I come up on a player with juice or something. You can get some surprising results by super jumping, but then you're at lower health. And you have no charge. And no bomb.
  4. zanarias

zanarias Member

Strategy Bonus Tip!: Use assault bomb jump at the game start of Grenade III to jump the middle gap, head over into the enemies base, and blow up one/two of their turrets with your grenade launcher while everyone is just starting the game. Easy mode.

Strategy Bonus Tip!: Use assault bomb jump at the game start of Lazerazor/Ammo Mule to jump the "fence" around spawn and get in a better position at the start of the game faster. Charge helps.

Strategy Bonus Tip!: Use assault bomb jump at the game start of Steel Peel in order to get to the upper ledge without having to pay $50 for the jump pad. Alternative, passive two + charge will cover it also.

YOU'RE A WINNER TODAY SON.
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Alternative: On LazerRazor bomb jump to the right walkway (the one you have to buy a jump pad for) and get started on those turrets immediately.
  6. Ninja Midget

Ninja Midget New Member

Personally I rely on my bomb for attacking and charge for escape. If I give up my bomb to lose hp and to try and escape I die more often than not. With a good use of fly + charge you can escape most people.

Also the with bomb jump its much harder to choose a direction when you are under pressure. With fly + charge you can aim and shoot for a corner to hide behind. Also you can make the call easier if you need to escape, as you can hover for a little while and keep shooting making yourself a much harder target to hit whilst still being ready to run.
    A few good hits and you can turn the tide of the fight and make the other person panic and turn your charge into offense chasing them down.

The few times I would use it for escape is if my charge is down and a close range pro is hot on my heels, I will drop it at my feet taking the damage but also putting them out of position. With fly you can get yourself back into safety or the fight before flying too far. When people are on fire they tend to panic.
  7. verden

verden New Member

Against newbs, bomb jumping is fun and bulletproof.

Against anyone aware of bomb jumping and with some knowledge of the game. Its actually more an invite to free frags. Its a good idea to be the first out on the map, although, that should be considered for the whole team. Not one player, as that wont work.
  8. Rogueblades

Rogueblades Active Member

Favorite use of Bomb Jumping has to be on Uncle Tully's actually.

Use it on the left side of the center area (left relative to how you leave the tunnel) and jump over the fence to the enemy's moneyball area.

Pop Juice, win game. nobody even knows how you got there....
  9. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

I use it rather frequently. If im playing with a decent team, i charge bomb jump to get back to the front lines in roughly 3 - 4 seconds from spawning. Sometimes i just use it on maps like spunky to get an aerial view of the map. Or even flank teams, get to snipers quickly. There's a ton of uses.

My favorite use on most of the maps, cept tullies. is charge bomb jumping from spawn to land right in sight of the enemy money ball. and in 3 - 4 secs of spawn. Can't really do this with steel peel, you have to charge jump from after the jumppad out of spawn to the right side and shoot the ball from the catwalk. Its an awesome tool for making sure the money ball stays down.

Its a huge mobility tool, just gotta have an idea of what your getting into and be ready to cancel the jump with fly.
  10. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

11. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

wait, the assault is french?1?!?!!?!! when did that happen...
  12. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix New Member

Hey, quick nub question. How do you guys bomb jump?

I am dropping the bomb on the ground, jumping, then blowing it up at my max jump height and carrying myself with my jetpack after that. I do get extra height, but it doesn't feel anything liek rocket jumping in TF2 or Quake or whatever. Is this how it's supposed to be done?
  13. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

use bomb 3, and i have no idea what the other two are like. also, you still need to be traveling fast in your jump.
  14. killien

killien Active Member

1. Place Bomb
    2. JumpCharge through the blast radius
    3. Detonate before leaving blast radius
    4. ???
    5. Profit!
  15. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix New Member

Ah, okay. Gotta charge during the jump for the speed. Thanks.
  16. BOOM-STICK

BOOM-STICK New Member

I use it for cool kills against stupid gunners, I lower their HP to the point where bomb will kill them, charge to them as the retreat, throw a bomb in their path Kill them with it and use it to get away.
  17. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

That sounds awesome.
  18. BOOM-STICK

BOOM-STICK New Member

Taunt after for the best affect. I LOOOOOOVE WHAT YOU DO