Anyone wanna play this game in EU?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by heiltrank, September 10, 2014.

1. heiltrank

heiltrank New Member

Hello MNC-Community.

I wanted to ask if someone is willing to put up a dedicated server in EU to play a couple of rounds per day. I am currently reliving the time I had a few years ago (I'm a former 360 MNC-Player) so I'd be glad to find some people who can set up a server and play a few rounds because I don't wanna buy a Gold Account again and thought maybe we can get a bit of life back in this awesome game.

And I won't play SMNC. This game sucks horribly. It's like a worse version of MNC with all the fun elements taken out of the game. If you can't kill everybody as a Tank in melee range, then this game can't be a good one. So yeah with this in mind.

Would someone like to create a server and play a round or too? It would be awesome to find some interested people. I am not the best and I won't pick Sniper that often and my aim is also not the best I'd say so you don't need to fear that I may own everything. There are surely way better people than me. I may be familiar with the maps and some of the mechanics etc but I suck at using the skills because I need to learn to play with PC-Controls so yeah.

Would be awesome if someone would be willing to set up a server and if there are still interested people who want to play this game here and there. :)

My Steam to add me: extr007 (my profilepicture is a green "EXTRO" with a black background)
  2. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

If you dont wanna buy gold you can simply make a new account and have 1 month of gold for free
  3. heiltrank

heiltrank New Member

Sorry notgunked but this wasn't an answer I was really looking for. I got all the classes with my main account and I'm also not playing it like all the times so it would take a while to get all the random classes (of course one could be enough but it take a while and I'm lazy in that regard. Also I want to play it on PC because I think PC gives a bit of another feeling to the game so yeah. So all I wanted is to get this game to life again. It's not intended to go to 360 again. I want that the PC version gets more hype again or at least some servers that are full so people are interested in buying this game and so we maybe get a community out of this. If not, my goal is to at least get some people going to play a round or two here and there. To get a new account is of course an easy option but not the option I'm looking for.

Please don't be offended if this may sound a bit harsh Gunked it wasn't intended.

If you are intersted to get this project done or want to play a few rounds on a server, thank you for answering. At least one answer haha... But yeah I hope you understand what my point is.

So please people is really noone willing to get this game going and make a bit of worth in their money at least for a bit of time? ^^

Thank you if there are more answers!
  4. thoxon

thoxon New Member

Hi Heiltrank,

yes, there is a small community playing mnc.
    I myself have a look once or twice a week to see if someone is playing.
    I have some of the community members added to my steam friendlist.
    I will also add you, so you can see when I am in the game.

Unfortunately theres only one server (which is located in chicago as far as I know) at the moment available. I also come from europe and I have a ping of 130-200, which is not quite optimal (especially as my favourate class is the sin ).
    I am not quite good in server technology and in setting something up, so maybe someone else with some more know-how night step in here.

Try to play at sunday afternoons or evenings. I remember some full servers at that time.
    There are also 2 steam community groups dedicated to mnc and I will also invite you to them. Sometimes events are initiated there (every member can set up something in the calendar).

I would love to see an european server. maybe someone can do this ?

Cheers

sinamon (Steam nick)
    P.S.: Heiltrank sounds a bit like you are german and like RPG games ,o))
  5. heiltrank

heiltrank New Member

Hello thoxon.

I thank you very, very much for this nice answer. I really thought that this game has really noone who is interested. Thanks you can show me otherwise.

Yeah I play on this server mostly alone. Before 2 days someone came in but had a 400 ping and I got him several times (as I mentioned, I'm not used to controls but know the game to a certain extend and some mechanics). Well I don't need to say that he left the game. But yeah I also play a t a ping of around 140. I don't realize it that much but if you gonna switch weapons for example, you realize that there isn't going something that smooth how it should be.

Yeah sunday sounds totally fine to me. And if there is a group I would like to join it. I hope that there aren't like mega pros I mean I also want to do something in the game without getting owned all the time haha. :D

And to my name: Well yes. I played a lot of MMORPGs and MOBAs so this is where my name come from. It means "healing potion" (of course you can see this at my picture). And yes, I am german. Really nice guess there!

I try to add you and maybe we can set something up except the server maybe. I don't blame you. I don't have a clue of such thing either haha!

Thanks again for the great answer. Really was looking forward to it.

P.S. Could you maybe tell me how your userpicture looks like? I added someone with a "Plants vs. Zombie" picture so I hope I got the right one!
    Last edited: September 13, 2014
  6. thoxon

thoxon New Member

Hi again,

yes, Plant vs. zombie logo is correct. But I don´t see your invitation......

I searched for "extr007" in order to add you, but steam does not find anyone. do you have another nick maybe ?
    instead of sinamon you can also try culimborn in my case.

....und das mit dem Heiltrank war nicht schwer zu raten. Spiele selber fast ausschliesslich MMOs ,o)

lg

sinamon
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Good luck, I hope you guys are successful with PC version of MNC.

From what I know, it's dead. SMNC is pretty much dead too, and as dead as MNC is on console, that **** is waaaaaay alive compared to the PC version. You can still play pubs just about anytime although you match up against juice chainers. Hell we had a good 5 month period where we were playing competitive private matches for hours on end every day of the week.

If you do change your mind and get it on Xbox let me know. I just got 4 of my friends to get the game and are teaching them how to hopefully handle a class for private matches.
  8. heiltrank

heiltrank New Member

Hmm. I gonna try it again. It's my nick to add me. My name you could see is exTro. Unfortunatly I'm not allowed to post the link to it at least the time I tried to make the thread.

So you are german as well this is really nice. :)

Here is my Steamlink: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035263620/

To teapot:

Thanks for your answer. Also to you again thoxon. Thank you for your wish teapot. I think so that there are more players on 360 and I'm glad to hear this because I don't want to see this game dying. That SMNC dies is totally fine to me. I don't like it how I stated in my thread earlier haha. Well it would be nice to play on 360 but this XBOX Gold is not attractive enough to buy again and I don't want to create a new account because I got all the classes etc. But thanks for the invitation!

Thanks again guys!

Greetings
    Last edited: September 13, 2014
    lolmontoya likes this.