Any tips on playing assassin?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by CebuLips9, August 24, 2011.

1. CebuLips9

CebuLips9 New Member

I love playing as assassin, and she's my favorite class. However, i ******* suck at it and when playing online, people always get mad at me (i'm a nooob) Any tips?
  2. scoser

scoser New Member

Priority number one is killing bots. By doing that, you're instantly better than like 90% of the assassins out there.
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

For one lets look at the assassins role.

The assassin is not for player killing. Lets get that down first. The assassin excells in taking out bots fast and efficiently, building juice up at high speed and breaking turrets and firebases.

The ability to deny the opponents bots and turrets is prized because the game cannot be won if no one kills bots or players in the position to kill your bots.

The assassin can also "tap" the moneyball from many angles without being seen. The money ball is on a 30 second timer after it has last taken damage. the shuriken gun can fire from a long range and does more damage to the moneyball and firebases than your sword.

Combine that with stealth and you can keep the opposing team from keeping their ball guarded.

Will continue when I'm back at my dorm.
  4. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

Kill bots with your sword. Run away when someone sees you.

Lather. Rinse. Juice. Repeat.
  5. noyesknifer

noyesknifer Member

if your going to back grapple somebody, do not lunge them, dash instead. I get dash to lvl 3 first (after getting the sword of course). the lunge can be used to get away. If your fighting a weak class (another sin, a sniper), a lunge+grapple will instantly kill them, no matter if it is a back or front grapple, so that's the only time to do that.
  6. CebuLips9

CebuLips9 New Member

Thanks, it really helped!
  7. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix New Member

also hit ejectors while stealthed.

I've got to this part. I can put myself in the top 50% moneywise on the team of most games, but my k/d is still like 0.25-0.33 despite my bot kills.

problem A) getting kited because people run backwards faster than I run forwards (is this really the case? if I have no speed endorsements and an assault has 3, does he run back faster than I run forward?)
    problem B) snipers
    problem C) tanks sitting on the bots preventing you from approaching

any advice?
  8. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Ignore the bots.

STAB ALL THE THINGS!
  9. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

If you play Assassin, you are A BAD.

STOP BEING A BAD.
  10. Cyan Sunshine

Cyan Sunshine New Member

Don't listen to this person.
  11. CebuLips9

CebuLips9 New Member

What?
  12. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  13. muromets

muromets Member

As assassin you are one of the best players for taking out bots. However make sure that you watch your surroundings since tanks are a big risk for you. If youre in a bad situation use your smoke bomb and jump to get away. When taking out other bots make sure to use your lunge to its maximum potential. I think one of the easiest classes to take out are the sniper and gunner (just my preferences).

If you do a back grapple even on a gunner he will be instantly killed, unless he is using gold endorsement.

When attacking tanks you have to lunge, to be able to get that little bit of health down, before you grapple. Since tanks are the most dangerous class, because of their large amount of health, make sure that you quickly get away from him, because you can quickly be killed by his charge followed with the flower blossom (the spiny thing he does) :D so make sure you use your shurikens to finish him off.

Then the assault, he is a real pain in the *** for the sin since he can charge you, and if upgraded to lvl 3 charge, can also grapple you. So be careful of him and his bombs.

Also the snipy. When trying to take out the snipy, make sure you're aware of his ice traps, since he can quickly take you out, try to jump around them. However if you do get caught in one, put on your cloak, it might help you against a noob.

Now versus the sin, you just have to keep a watch out for them, listen for the humming noise. and if you get front grappled then try to grapple her back as soon as she's finished, if you get to do so, you'll be able to take her out (even with a front grapple). and also if youre playing against really good players take your cloak off, so that they cant hear you and you'll be able to get to them really close and back grapple them.

Last but not least, your endorsements. My preference is having Gold - Armour, Silver - Rate of Fire and Bronze - Skill Recovery. Some may not agree with my layout but it works for me. I like to push forward and attack players no matter what class and I find that Armour really helps me.

Also if your team sucks or the other team is just really good, try to get some juice and use your shurikens on the money ball, if you do it right you'll win for your team.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

The guy above me is a bad assassin.
  15. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

The guy above me has both male and female reproductive organs.
  16. muromets

muromets Member

how am i a bad sin?
    i just have a different playing style.
  17. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You just suck, simple as that.
  18. muromets

muromets Member

you've never even played against me!
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member