Activation, Launcher and New UI Issues: May 30th, 2013

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

What the title says. :) Any feedback that you didn't mail to me, issues, or other weird bugs, let's talk about em here.
  2. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Just making sure, I have to active the Alpha key to my UberNet account even though I have a Steam client, right?
  3. garat

For now, you will not be able to use the Steam client. You shouldn't actually see PA in Steam any more. :)
  4. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

I'm still anywhere from under 30 to 8 FPS. Sad face. :(
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I get 30 and 15 fps since I can't run on low settings anymore. Should be fine. I played through the SupCom campaign with 5 frames before I got my new machine. :p

Everything worked fine - except for entering my password. When I had to press Shift the client went all black. Restarted, same thing. On my 3rd or 4th attempt I just put everything in blind and hit Enter. Worked just fine.

I'm also very happy that my username works with the new UI. :D
  6. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

No problems logging in. Still running at 100FPS during the opening and lowers down to 25FPS during large engagements.

However you're optimising this game... it seems to have my system in mind ;)

---

Currently, doesn't display version number which is a big problem for an Alpha Tester :p
    By the way, Scathis, I've got to know... why are all factories sharing comparable efficiency costs to their Advanced counterpart... except the Adv. Vehicle Factory which gains 0.02% over its T1 incarnation?

Bot Factory & Adv. Bot Factory = 0.75%
    Air Factory & Adv. Air Factory = 0.56%
    Vehicle Factory = 1.11% (15:1350)
    Adv. Vehicle Factory = 1.13% (45:4000)

If only you'd change the Adv. Vehicle Factory to 45:4050 you'd keep the efficiency on par. :p
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  7. Col_Jessep

8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Downloading here in Honolulu, so far so good, but last time I tried to run it on my lappy it didn't go so well, not sure I'll get a chance to try it thought...

Mike
  9. nanolathe

Currently the PA install location is wherever the launcher is located and doesn't present any option to select an install directory.

I minor quibble and I know it was mentioned in the Email but do you honestly expect 99% of people to read that?
    Amiright Mike? *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*
    :lol:
  10. Col_Jessep

Of course they will read it. That's why we will make a sticky on the PA forum and answer all of the resulting 100 threads that will litter all the forums starting with MNC and ending with Unrelated Discussion...
    It's a beautiful tradition on gaming forums wordwide! :lol:
  11. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Bugs:
    - Version number missing on the top-right
    - The in-game interface is partially hidden unless you resize the window
    - Pressing Escape too often completely hides the in-game interface with no way of getting it back

Thoughts:
    - No way to play against AI anymore?
    - I liked the older army flag-selection better.

Performance:
    - Menu needs a FPS limiter, it's making my GPU go insane due to the high FPS.
  12. Col_Jessep

I just started a free for all with 2 players and joined the upper team. I think it worked but that was pre-first-coffee. My memory might be a bit fuzzy.

Me too.

Does the client.exe check for updates btw? Some people might just run the client and miss updates that way. Or do you get an error from the server if you don't run the latest version?
  13. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Playing against an AI should still work, we haven't changed that. Just run a game as a 1 v 1 and press ready. You can't see the enemy commander anymore because of fog of war, but he's still out there. Gives a reason to use a scout unit.

The UI definitely lost some functionality from the previous version, but the old color selection method wasn't really right either. It's obviously something we have to work on. The team colors as they are currently defined still allow for two armies to select the same primary color which it shouldn't do for games of so few people.
  14. nanolathe

Ohh, another update? What's new this time?!
  15. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Pretty serious bug in the last version: I was in a game and Nanalathe tried to join my game to replace the AI and we both got disconnected. We retried it up to 3 times to verify.

Also noticed it can happen that nothing happens after picking your spawn-location and hitting Launch.
  16. nanolathe

Killing an AI Commander causes a crash in the new build [48720].

Edit: Cannot reproduce.
    Hmmm...
  17. garat

Join in progress is quite fragile still, and one of the main reasons we decided to hold off on bringing more people in. We have to either get it more stable, or simply disable it for the time being.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.