Activate Steam Key to PA Launcher

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pivo187, May 10, 2014.

1. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

How do I activate my steam key into PA?
  2. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

If you have played your game via steam, just download the uber launcher, log in with you ubermet account and you're good to go.

The first time you play PA via steam, it asks you to create an ubernet account (same one you use here), and it registers that you own the game via steam. After that, you are free to download and use the uber launcher with your account.
  3. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Thanks for the reply popededi. I have two keys that I won via twitter chat. One key registers to PA the other to Steam. But the one from Steam I cant get to register to PA...Only the one I won via PA launcher is registered to PA when I sign into PA launcher & check the my keys tab...
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  4. popededi

Try activating the key on steam, firing the game up, and it will ask you for an Ubernet account. Just sign in, and it should link it to your account.

Edit: If not, ping an email to Uber, they should be able to help.
  5. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Ok I will try that Pope, thanks for the help!
    popededi likes this.
  6. popededi

No problem, check back and let me know how it went!
  7. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

If you have played your game via steam, just download the uber launcher, log in with you ubermet account and you're good to go.

Sorry, bit of a noob here... 'download the uber launcher'... does that mean I have to download the game from uber, or is the 'uber launcher' an .exe file. If so where can I get it?

Thanks in advance btw...
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

9. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Ok..the problem with logging in with my uber net account is that its not linked to my steam PA key but my PA launcher key...I want to log into PA with my steam key not my PA key. I have 2 separate keys & the only one PA launcher is recognizing is the PA key that is linked to PA not Steam...

Anyways I just installed the steam PA & Ive been logged into my steam account & got in a game & also logged into my PA account and got in a game lol I know there is an option to convert a PA version to Steam but How do I go from Steam to PA?
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

11. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

...I tried that..what it did was try to link my PA key account to steam..I dont want to do that...What I want to do is to convert/link my 2nd STEAM key to a BRAND NEW PA Account not to my 1st PA key account..
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Wouldn't you just... you would have to use the Steam key, which is dealt with by steam, in the Steam Key Redemption option in the steam menus. That will unlock PA for that steam account. When you first log in, it will ask you to make a PA account. Use that to create a new PA account and that steam and PA account with both be associated with the new key.

Question: Have you activated two different keys for the same steam/pa which are linked together, because I am not sure this is fixable or at the very least you will have to contact support@uber.com

If you haven't, then the one you activated on the forum account, allows you to use standalone logging into that forum account. If you convert to steam key, it converts it to steam and links your account. When you run it on steam, the accounts link and you can run both standalone and steam but both use your forum account anyway.

you have a steam key that was never a PA key, you redeem on steam, and you create an account. If you want to link an account you already have in-forum with a steam you activated PA on, you can use that link https://uberent.com/user/linksteam and if you don't have a PA forums account you can create one when you first launch the game on steam.

That is how you use each key. So if you got your PA key working, you can make it work on steam without a different key by taking the activated key and generating a steam key to redeem on steam, which will automatically link your PA account anyway. If you haven't got your Steam key working, redeem it on steam on an account you wish to grant PA ownership to, and then create/link a PA forum account by launching game through steam.
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

ok not sure what is going on..It seems that two of my emails are registered to uber forums...However only one key shows up which is the PA key. I cant get the steam key to show up no matter what I do...However there has to be TWO keys. Because I logged into PA with one key & started a game. Then logged into Steam and join the same game that I had created under PA launcher... I can see both my different user names.
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  14. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You're positive you have two keys? Which twitter did you win your keys from?
  16. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

If I didn't have two keys it wouldn't be possible to log into pa with two different users, look at pic above.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Right, so you can play PA with both different keys - I'm still not entirely clear on what the problem is. Just that you can't see both on your Uber account page?
  18. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Correct. I can't see the steam key on my uber account. As I said before I won the first key and used that one thru steam then a second key which I used on pa launcher, not steam. I cannot log into pa launcher with the steam key and that is what I want to do. Each key should have its own pa launcher account and not be tied together.
  19. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I believe you have a game key which can be viewed on your pivo187 account, but no key listed on your fantasyslayer account, correct? This is because Steam codes will not appear under My Keys. Only keys produced from Uber Entertainment will be listed under My Keys.

However, you can select the key listed on your pivo187 account and a message should appear asking if you'd like to convert it to a Steam code. This code can then be entered into a Steam client. Then, you can go to https://uberent.com/user/linksteam to link the Steam account it was entered into to an UberNet account in order to log in and play the game.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  20. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

mkrater: Yes only one key can be viewed under account pivo187. But once again...I am trying to get my Steam key to convert to a PA launcher account. How do I do that? How do I create a fantasyslayer account in PA launcher?
    I want to have two separate accounts for both steam & PA Launcher so if I give my 2nd key to another person we can both play on steam or PA at the same time...
    Do I need to create another PA account & somehow link it to my steam key code?
    Last edited: May 13, 2014