A tournament to celebrate the first patch of 2014 - Such prize! Saturday 18th Jan!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, January 16, 2014.

1. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Great matches! Some even deliciously played. Some other tormented like a good SciFi Military saga. Awesome.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Could I please ask that anyone who recorded matches for this and has a Twitch or Youtube link to the recording, who hasn't already posted their videos in this thread, do so?

Thanks in advance :)
  3. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Did Evilone post his matches? I've been looking foreword to seeing his cast of my 1st game
  4. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

You mean me? I posted here.
    iron420 likes this.
  5. iron420

Cool. Was there commentary on that 1? All I heard were "dings"
  6. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Evil is a shy one, he doesn't like talking as much as the rest of us.
    evilOlive and cwarner7264 like this.
  7. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

No commentary. With proper cajoling I may be willing to buy a headset and try blabbering through one someday.

Also, no need to tell me you hate that. I know. I'm the only one who turns off the audio when watching casts.

edit: And those dings were from the IRC channel which I wanted to be sure I was at least half watching while the tournament was going on. I bet that REALLY annoys you. It did me. :p
    carlorizzante likes this.
  8. carlorizzante

Talking is tough. No shame in not feeling like doing it.
    evilOlive likes this.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Just so people are aware, the fist prize of 70,000 Dogecoins is now worth over $100 at the time of writing.
  10. carlorizzante

Very aware of it, as well as that I have no chance to win it :-D
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yup apologies for my retardation. I didbt buy them at the beginning as I was going to ask the winner what they would prefer. Not seeing godde since , and Mathis (who I thought won until I seen the casts) didn't respond for 4 days with the news of the price increase.

Being new to the whole doge thing I bought 10000 of them for 20 dollars. Can either use them as my prize or cash of $20 dollars which is now worth more. Sorry for my retardation.
  12. iron420

Guys I know I said I'd host another tournament soon but It looks like we will have to wait for a bit. The game runs consistently poorly on 8 player games with even just 3 planets. I don't feel the game is at a performance level that would be acceptable for a FFA tournament at this point. Sorry guys.
    evilOlive and carlorizzante like this.
  13. odric

odric New Member

I hope we do another tournament with dogecoin prize, been mining for 2 weeks and my pathetic 550ti has mined just 8,000 Doge.
    cwarner7264 likes this.