6v6 private match

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Gameplay Videos' started by XENONOX, December 13, 2010.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

You were in that match?? I played gunner?? lol wow I don't remember much I guess.

Who else was playing besides ed coug and xeno?

A big part of that game was actually having f5in actually play in a match instead of always using our sub aeadon. Aeadon was good but F5in was someone who could change the tide of the game and create plays while Aeadon was someone who was able to hold their own, prevent the other team from gaining a lot of momentum etc..
  2. headcase201

headcase201 New Member

This generation has a completely different playing style than ours.
    Once i saw that not one gunner was leashed my heart dropped :lol:
    We should try this Private match playing style for a change,
    along with spunky cola as well. It'll add new strategies to
    the game assuming most of the "old" players left.
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

It was definitely a completely different game back then. Thats why we've talked about the progression of the meta game and how right now we've seemed to reach it's end.

headcase look up the ZyN tournament matches on youtube and they have commentary. A notable quote is that the support shouldn't follow his gunner because he is better used else where. His skills should be utilized or something like that.

The game itself looks like a pub.
  4. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Pretty sure Chron subbed in as sniper on your team. It was a loooong time ago so I can barely remember. I do, however, remembering our first match was on ammo mule and that our class line up was 3 assaults, 2 assassins and me going support. I had a very hard time healing :lol: I think we did steel peel on the next game and I wanted to go Gunner, but nobody knew I was decent at gunner so Xeno politely said that he'd do it :oops:
  5. feedle

feedle Post Master General

I think back then everyone played private matches like pubs cause thats how we all thought and played.

You joined a party with friends and you played games with them for fun.. we never really had any strats cause we never really played private matches.

From how things changed then and now....

Supports never leashed nothing they just tried to kills or hug their rockets..
    Assaults never used the grenade launcher it was ar and bomb everything
    Assassins killed the pros and were used for killing pros instead of bots
    Gunners were never leashed and used deploy and stayed on the ground
    Tanks played defence and stayed in the base with the support rail gunning as a back up sniper
    Snipers went for headshots and hid and ran

No one build turrets except rockets or laser blazers cause they killed
    Bots were spawn to help get kills
    Juice wasnt really spammed much except for a few players.

If i played with those guys today they would still play the game but ive changed
    Meaning they still play for kills and not the win...

Got to admit xeno was way ahead of his time back then and if captain k and the cozy stuck around they would be ruthless today

Also xeno was the only one who ever organized private matches and told me to try and get some players going to play as a team. Wasnt many people playing privates back then except alot of chaosff7's friends who hardly play any more.
  6. feedle

Also want to add how come no one has tried 5 v 5 matches on spunky or g3 which gives less lag...

Its worth a shot... this coming from a guy who was playing back then to one whos playing now..

And reason for no one building turrets now is this:
    Gunner or assassin destroys them in seconds and they build assassin juice.

Why give juice to the enemy team?
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

5v5 can only work if teams are random. 6v6 team pick works because first party joins, then second, and the teams will split along party lines. If you do 5v5 you won't know who will be on which team.
  8. feedle

what about 4v4?
  9. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member