0 server official !!!!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by prototype, November 10, 2014.

1. prototype

prototype New Member

We have 0 server official and 1 server dedicated with 200 ping !!
    We are not many but would like a real server in europe for community.
    Thanks
    Last edited: November 12, 2014
  2. thoxon

thoxon New Member

Hi,

I would support this. A european Server would be highly appreciated.

There is a small commuity for this game in steam. Playing a sin with a Ping of 200 is no real fun.....
  3. frenchwok

frenchwok New Member

Agree, we play often and a server will be highly appreciate. We have a serious problem of ping and even if we are a little community we still playing with fun and friendship. we understand that can't be anymore update but the dedicated server is not really playable we just need 1 server.
    We thank you for giving us this game and apologize if my english is not perfect :)
  4. thoxon

thoxon New Member

I have just seen, that there is an EU based server up :)

thanks to whoever did that ;)

With a ping of 54 my sin becomes alive again :)
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It is slightly possible that they did do this. They have Amazon servers, so while they have so many machines and several games to host on them, they probably actually have an EU server to swap MNC assets to, probably without taking more than an hour from one of the Toy Rush guys.

However, my solution would have just been to host a game using the free server software, on a laptop or something you have laying on the side. While your at it, and Idk if it is possible, you should try to tweak the balance slightly.
  6. prototype

prototype New Member

STOP !!

this is my server.

Mkrater uber employee answered me : " We are unable to add an official server for MNC. :( The game is really fun! I love playing MNC. But unfortunately, we had to shut down the servers in 2012. "

When you have a slow connection , you can't host server tHeTrOpHySyStEm. So, i rent a vps for have european server.

Thanks uberent ....
    Last edited: November 15, 2014
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

They don't have enough money to support the servers any more, heck I'm surprised they lasted so long without any revenue by then. :S
  8. prototype

prototype New Member

Open one server will not kill uberent.

we bought this game ...
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I know you did... But there was a point where people stopped buying the game.
  10. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

The Amazon servers they use are pretty expensive tho. So yes, it could actually kill UberNet if they make instances left and right. I believe the setup fee was 500 dollars, then 270 a month just for having it turned on, not the usage. You get top notch high-end server stuff tho.

EDIT: I'd have to go back in history to find the actual numbers, all-in-all, pretty darn expensive. Not something I'd rent to host a single server.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

that's quite expensive. What's the requirement on mnc servers that they can't use cheaper servers?
  12. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

That's just how they setup contract I guess - every Amazon EC2 instance has a setup fee and monthly fee. Also, MNC dedicated requires a full version of MNC installed. Only difference is there is no actual rendering.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA dedicated is no different, the patcher that downloads it even tries to start the client after completing the download and ends up with "umm... there is no graphics card" :D

Hmm I guess Uber will have their reasons for using such expensive servers. Personally I would think that some server for 0 setup and low rates of maybe 50€ or so would be enough to run an mnc server, so I am surprised they would use an amazon ec2 instance for that. Guess it makes sense for as long as you have way more players and need a dynamic ability to remove/add servers. Though even then having a small numbers of base servers that are just classic cheap vps is probably a good idea.
  14. bluekachina

bluekachina Member

@Cola - yes, I think you're right. I'm running a dedicated server in North America for MNC, and just using a gameservers.com server. No setup fee, and pretty cheap monthly costs. The server is usually full on weekends, performs well, and people who are relatively close get good ping too.

Also, that European server that people were talking about seems to have vanished.