Unit Ideas (Unit must have a Role to be added to the list)

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Flatlander, November 5, 2013.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Suggestion to avert this:
    1. Use external website
    2. Create forum thread with hyperlink to the site in the OP
    3. Use a standardised submission process which people can post as thread replies to submit their ideas
    4. Post remains active on forums, site receives traffic, ideas are curated by OP into suitable style. Everyone is happy
    5. ????????????
    6. Profit
  2. Flatlander

Flatlander Member

Buy me a domain and hosting space and then it'll be profit. Otherwise it's out of my pocket.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Talk to any of @Korus, @brianpurkiss, @oxide246, @iampetard, all of whom already have PA-related websites up and running who may be willing to lend a hand!
  4. Flatlander

Flatlander Member

Personally, I prefer this thread, it's easier for me and takes less time, if anyone wants to take up your project then go for it and i'll link it in my thread.

I will continue to update this thread and add in my own unit ideas, I still have the goal of 50 units.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

To be honest Flatlander, it seems you just want to put in the minimal effort possible, you can't even be bother to check out 2 threads(Neutrinos thread in the Backer's Lounge and there is one in Genera Discussion) that hold 95% of unit ideas yourself and expect the people to put in the footwork for you!

I have my post in Neutrino's Thread with lots of support already, I have my own thread for my stuff already, if you want to pad out your list you should do it yourself, don't sit on your hands waiting for someone else to do it for you.

Mike
  6. Flatlander

Flatlander Member

It is impossible for me to do what you are asking. Basically you want me to look through every unit idea ever presented, every day, so I can list them all here, and constantly update the likes on every post.

Since I don't have that kind of time, I decided to make a separate thread that I can manage and keep sorted. Why did I want to do this? 3 reasons:
    1. I felt there was a need for a managed unit thread that was easy to read.
    2. Many unit ideas are a bit crazy, I wanted to present the idea that all units need to provide a role that isn't yet provided. And have strengths and weaknesses
    3. I personally don't have the time to read through all the current unit ideas (the post by Neutrino is 34 pages long and would take a couple of hours to go through) and I assume other people have the same issue.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I think you're vastly overestimating the content of the two idea threads, believe me.

Mike
  8. Flatlander

Flatlander Member

Maybe I'll go through them this weekend when I have time and add all the ideas to the list with hyperlinks.
    I basically only post here during my breaks at work.
  9. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Missile Factory: Produces a variety of munitions for surface to surface, surface to air, and surface to orbit.
    Strength: Increases tactical options.
    Missiles can be auto-fired by using rally point or manually targeted.
    For example:
    EMP missile, neutralizes all objects in the blast radius for a few seconds.(EMP Bomber single shot)
    ICBM missile, blast radius about 1/2 of a nuke. Range 150% of a catapult.
    Swarm missile, When it detonates it releases several mini-bots that latch onto whatever is close to them and then detonate.(This missile could potentially do massive damage to a single target if no other targets are near by)
    Frag missile, detonates in the air and then causes several small AOE explosions when the fragments land.
    Napalm missile, creates a large zone that will cause damage to any unit that travels through it.
    Sticky missile, creates a sticky patch that will slow any units that attempt to travel through it.
    Shroud missile, blacks out radar coverage and visibility for perhaps a minute.
    Interplanetary nuke.
    Surface to orbit versions of EMP, ICBM, Swarm, and Frag missiles.
    Weakness: Missiles must be built. Manual targeting.