[SERVER] Queller AI

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Quitch, November 5, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If you would like to help translate Queller to your local language then please look at the translation file. The "message" lines are the ones which needs translating.

Queller currently supports:
    • de
    • en-US
    • es-ES
    • fr
    • it
    • nl
    • nl-BE
  2. Quitch

I've setup a project to allow people to contribute to the localisation of Queller. If you can help please do so, there's not a lot of text in this mod :)

If a translation is currently empty but you're not 100% on the translation you're entering then please mark it as fuzzy. It's better to have a translation than no translation, but marking it as fuzzy will let others know they should review it.

EDIT: this is now out-of-date, see the OP for details
    Last edited: March 19, 2018
  3. Quitch

Version 4.21.1 - 2018-03-09
    • Fixed issue causing Bronze and Silver to build orbital factories on the ground. Thanks to Xangi for tracking this one down.
  4. Quitch

Version 4.21.2 - 2018-03-10
    • Fixed issue where naval production was intermittent early on mixed sea/land maps
    • Fixed issue causing Queller Legion to build too many turrets in one place
  5. Quitch

Version 4.22.0 - 2018-03-16
    • Properly exclude naval units from land and air scout ratio checks
    • Prevent Platinum over scouting with Fighters
    • Allow all levels to be much freer with their bombers and gunships to try and help prevent air sitting in base
    • Limit the splitting of air forces again
    • Largest Locust platoon made smaller to allow for quicker deployment
    • Uber allowed to build nukes and Titans a little earlier again
    • Less Locusts built by Uber
    • Uber now has the option to try for a nuke when it's losing on the land
    • Properly exclude Locusts from army available unit checks
    • Scout with fighters only when there's nothing they're needed for right now
  6. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

AI keeps getting smarter. So much so that you may have to revisit the eco-boost to ranked level association.
    Certainly keeping me on my toes! I feel like timmy did this morning, working my way from Gold to Bronze :)
  7. Quitch

Having watched some of Timmy's games with Queller, and the games his friend played with it, I was pleasantly surprised how accurate I think the mappings are for the moment.
  8. lulamae

Then maybe I'm getting worse, because giving Q-Uber 1.7 is kicking my but on most ranked planets.
  9. Quitch

The Queller AI translation project has moved over to Loco. If you're interested in helping translate this mod to one of the PA supported languages then please drop me a line.
  10. lulamae

Oops - I just re-read the map notes in the OP

"And don't use Bedlam, the AI's forces can't path find on this map."

That explains a lot.
  11. Quitch

Generally if you allow the AI a land base, but put a body of water between you, it's not going to make for an enjoyable experience.
  12. lulamae

I can't surrender the water or I'll get wrecked by Kaijus
  13. Quitch

Water is fine, just don't select a map where you have two large bodies of land on which the players spawn separated by water. The sim will die with the AI ramming the coast with land units.
    Last edited: March 17, 2018
  14. lulamae

Ah! Ok, I understand now. Yes, I do see that on Bedlam.
  15. Quitch

Sorry, I didn't realise you were plat. I did bump the higher difficulty eco boosts, and perhaps they're too high now and plat+ are certainly not extensively tested. You're playing Queller with x2.0 eco? Bear in mind that the ideal spot would have you losing 50% of the games.
    Last edited: March 18, 2018
  16. lulamae

Since I don't play ranked that often, I think it's being generous. I think I'm High Gold/Low Plat

Playing Queller Q-Uber with x 1.7 eco, I run about 50% on Forge & Crag. Higher on Clutch & Bedlam, although if I can establish naval quickly enough the Com is an easy kill because he hugs the coast, so I pull my naval back just to keep the game going. Pacific I can also do better than 50%. Amplus is probably 50% although I haven't played it much in a while.

On Meso & Duat I get slaughtered. Almost never win at that level.

Still to my earlier point, Kudos to you as I'm noticing the improvements in AI's game play. Had they given the AI an eco boost during yesterday's tournament, the games would have been very different, I'm sure.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. lulamae

Oh, and one more thing - I credit your mod for making me a better player in the ranked games.
    Quitch likes this.
  18. Quitch

I'm considering a simplification of the boosts, remove the low/high gold split and just having Gold at 1.4, Plat at 1.8 and Uber at 2.2. Maybe I'll drag some people in to check at some point.

Maybe, but FFA is something I don't really test Queller for, and is certainly the best scenario for vanilla against Queller. Nothing was going to save Queller on that naval map, it's just a bad one for the AI because of how the island walls and the AI's factory placement interact :)
  19. lulamae

That *was* rather amusing. :)
  20. Quitch

I may have shed a tear as it happened.
    lulamae likes this.