Quick pre-buying questions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by masterguil, December 10, 2017.

1. masterguil

masterguil New Member

Hi everyone,

I just 2 quick questions before getting the game (I'll check steam X-mas deal first tho).

1- I heard there is no save feature in offline mode, did they put it on now? I am aiming to play many skirmish games but I don't often have 3-4 hours to play 1 game straight.

2- The most important thing for me atm, when you begin a match with multiple planets/moons, do you spawn (bots/ai's and you) on the same planet or it is random between all the available planets/moons?

This is a buy or not just from that question. The planets seems very small and if you spawn on the same planet, it totally kill the feel of exploration and surprise.

That's all folks! No worries about the rest, I was a huge fan of TA and SupCom as all of you.
    Last edited: December 10, 2017
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, you can save in offline mode. And you can select if you want to spawn AIs on only other planets. Of course you can also make planets bigger too if you want though that will consume more memory.
  3. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

Hello, for 2/ it's totally up to you, there are tons of systems / maps and a lot of them are designed in the way you describe: 1 per planet or maybe a 6 players match with a 12 planets system where each player has 2 planets to choose from for the spawn, etc.
    You can design your own systems so you can do pretty much whatever you want too; the system editor is very well done and let's you do pretty much whatever you want.
    And as DeathByDenim said, you can have really big planets are you have to do a lot of scouting before finding the enemies.
    Like you and many other PA players, I loved TA and SupCom but PA is my favorite game by far so I really doubt you'll be disappointed.
    By the way, if you do decide to get the game, buy "Planetary annihilation Titans", which is the standalone sequel / expansion of PA.
  4. masterguil

masterguil New Member

Thanks for the informations guys, just bought Titans for 9$ Cad. I will try it right after install. :)
    grandhomie likes this.