The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So video only posts have been annoying people for a while, how about people stop making them?

There is a videos thread I think where you could post your videos if you want. But here please add some description and your own opinion.
    Be it "this weeks Last Week Tonight yet again shows how horrible the alt right is, because ..." or "this whiny snowflake cries about Trump shacking hands and I think that is relevant because ..."

So this is okay in terms of video usage, but this is not.

Okay?

Also on topic: I wasn't aware any handshake was somehow a big topic now. Did I miss something? Elodea posting that weird video is the first I hear of it.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I'm doing it because I'm not alt-right. Alas, you can call me whatever you like, and then claim I can't do the same when the same evidence of your support exists as you say mine is. God forbid I post a video, bam, automatically makes me alt-right because you simply don't like it. You know how ******* annoying when the extreme left does the same thing? You've been in this thread with Tatsu as long as I have, how can't you know that?
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah it's the second time if you follow this thread closely enough. I'm not bothered. I've no oath of fealty nor has he.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Your linking of Sargon of Akkad means you either got amazingly lucky with your YouTube recommended list, or you know who he is and what he typically says.

The fact that you think his views are an acceptable counterpoint to tatsu's centrist links (effectively; American Democrats are hardly left-leaning on the whole) shows your political compass is somewhere comfortably to the right.

The fact that you think his views are even shareable means again, that I can call you what you like.

There you go, I actually explained it. You can't go around linking videos of people who incite extremist white nationalist views on YouTube and expect to not get dragged by association. You don't see me linking to DPRK, do you? The Daily Show isn't even comparable.
  5. tatsujb

honestly who cares? why recognize these complaints at all? and risk validating them and worse : at the same time as that, trample those who fight for rights by giving these rights to the same people who deny those rights in this thread.

it's bewildering to me that the same people who attack people who want, for example, safe spaces (not that I'm one one side or the other there I just find it a befitting argument) are the ones who ask for these same safe spaces despite themselves, the most. xD

it's irony in it's purest form and they're oblivious to it.
    Last edited: July 10, 2017
  6. tatsujb

again. diversion.

the handshake ISN'T a big deal.

on the whole trump meeting Putin was always going to happen.

and that he give him a handshake rather than a docking on public TV seems rather predictable. heck even Putin threatening american journalists of death on live TV during that meeting is just standard stuff.

But it's always good to take a step back and tell yourself "this is not normal" or rather "this should not be normal"!
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Various people from multiple sides of the political spectrum have complained about the "video only" posts actually.
    You're free to still post videos with relevant topics, I am just asking that you actually describe why somebody should bother to watch them in text in your post as you post the videos.
  8. tatsujb

that i'm fine with for what good it'll do them.
  9. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Ah "triggered", the new "politically correct", or the new "hitler".

Also, this is a discussion thread. Implicitly, it is addressed to everyone. That's the point of the thread.

It is effectively spam. You're posting a video, and nothing more. If i want to just watch video's, i can look at youtube. If you're gauging it's popularity, youtube has features for that. If you just want vanilla responses, that's what youtube comments are for.

Unless you actually give us something to work with, something to respond to, it's effectively not a contribution to this thread. Therefore, it is spam.

After all, the title is "discussion thread". We already have a youtube thread. And if you honestly can't be bothered writing a few lines to explain the point you want to make, why are you even in this thread?
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. tatsujb

dude f u. read some.
  11. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I asked nicely once and got **** for it. I asked nicely twice and got **** for it. I explained my reasoning and i get **** for it. At what part am i supposed to be grateful?
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hake-breaking-down-the-putin-trump-encounter/

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ing-vladimir-putin-kevin-spacey-a7831501.html

It's just satire making fun of journalists obsessing over stupid stuff. The video was satire not aimed at anyone here in particular. The person who made it was acting. Didn't think anyone would actually be hostile towards what was supposed to be a laugh. I'll stop posting videos nonetheless.
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Tatsu, chill please.
    tatsujb likes this.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

"The Thinkery" has 165k subs, it's not bewildering to think it'd show up on various non-Breitbart internet suggestion pages as well as YouTube's own results in various terms that aren't "neo-Nazi" or "baby-disemboweling".

Who you appear to be talking about, has a personal YouTube page with less than a thousand subs, that, surprise surprise, you have apparently suggested to me because you're the first person I've heard of it from. I am not one of those thousand btw, for either sargon or thinkery.

Ever notice how I keep getting pissed you keep insisting you know what I think, better than I do? I happen to think Tatsu's taste in video content is one-track, I didn't even complain about it because it was never anything I hadn't put up with before, until he'd successfully inserted 3 videos a page from the same series for 50 pages now. At that point, I really felt, for the first time I've ever been here, that maybe this forum was dead and collecting cobwebs and no moderator was even remotely paying attention anymore, because no other forum I've been to had ever allowed anyone to do even remotely the same thing.
  15. Gorbles

In other words, you got mad because someone did something you didn't think you were allowed to do?

Linking Sargon ain't still the response you were aiming for, there.

You can get however you want, whenever you want. It's no skin off of my back how you feel anymore, given the sheer amount of personal abuse I've endured at your typing. You linked Sargon. It would've been 60 seconds work to go "whups, that was over the top, I'll redact that". But you stuck to your guns to prove some unproveable point about "biased" moderation, which proves that you're just as bad as anyone else who links Sargon to prove silly points on the Internet.

Other forums aren't this forum. I learned this a long time ago. They're all moderated differently. The most I'll do is an incredulous PM. I won't derail an entire thread and get annoyed when people call me out about my YouTube links. Yeesh.
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  16. tatsujb

see this is why we don't want trump impeached :
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: July 11, 2017
  17. Gorbles

Also I'm late getting on Twitter (personal day IRL, etc), but I just want to say something.

BUT. HER. EMAILS.

I am no huge fan of Clinton. But seriously, this latest thing about Trump's son hasn't got anyone talking? We literally have evidence of collusion from a foreign power to influence a US election. Don't we?
    tatsujb likes this.
  18. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

It wasn't video only post what annoyed me, but posting every freaking video of that not very funny guy in a politics thread (we know about YouTube's subscribe button). And he didn't stopped doing so anyway.

Chill people, Elodea's video was funny and I guess he won't post every video that girl records in her **** life
  19. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

I've just seen it on TV, they say a lawyer who happens to be from Russia teased Trump jr with info about Clinton that didn't exist. Am I missing something? Is the Spanish media hiding the truth?
  20. tatsujb

bit more complex than that :

THIS VIDEO IS ABOUT THE DT JR COLLUSION SCANDAL :