About Titans and Classic PA Steam Posts

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by mikeyh, April 21, 2017.

1. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

One of them who doesn't like comments in his steam review, and keeps deleting them didn't like my last post about him growing up one day and releasing he's wrong.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961778348/recommended/386070

Now he's gone postal on my screens shot of pa, not sure who i even saved them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839684320

I find it hard to believe how these people think that are right. (maybe just trolls.)
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Flag Kijuta's profile for harassment, bypassing word filter, posting false information, etc:
    Nicb1 likes this.
  3. mikeyh

@wyao can post a developer response on reviews that cannot be deleted by someone like Kijuta.

That review will drop off the recent list in 5 days.
  4. mikeyh

5. mikeyh

It is very black and white... these are blatant lies not disagreements.

After 20 months I'm over allowing a small group of people to continue posting this stuff and will respond in kind.
  6. mikeyh

It's hard to tell what your motivation was when all you posted was "This is a joke i hope". Asking are you defending them should not be unexpected given our history.

This is a very small group still on a vendetta against Uber after 20 months who are responsible for spam posting blatant lies.

Given their history I'm more than happy calling them out publicly here so that everyone can see who and what they are.
  7. mikeyh

The discussion today in community chat highlights again the impact of the misinformation in steam reviews and posts.

It also highlights what happens when you correct it.

<see chat history>
    8:55:59 AM DragonFighter732 just read the top review on titan
    <see chat history>
    9:21:34 AM palobby.com DragonFighter732 think about all the comments you've made and what you have believed based on other peoples comments

9:22:50 AM palobby.com the reality is very different from what you might read posted by some people on steam
    9:23:11 AM SoulArthurZ i just bought titans
    9:23:14 AM SoulArthurZ lets try it out
    9:23:32 AM DragonFighter732 i know
    9:23:34 AM DragonFighter732 thing is
    9:23:38 AM DragonFighter732 they had the proof
    9:23:43 AM DragonFighter732 i just didnt get the engine part
    9:23:52 AM DragonFighter732 i thought that they already had one prebuilt
    9:23:58 AM DragonFighter732 or used something else
    9:24:00 AM palobby.com not at all

9:24:06 AM DragonFighter732 yeah know i know

9:35:03 AM SoulArthurZ and im back but this time on titans
    9:35:44 AM DragonFighter732 that was fast

I would really like to see Uber post undeletable developer responses to reviews like:
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. mwreynolds

I like to see mikeyh added as dev on steam. At least it looks seems like your developing the game.
  9. mikeyh

I prefer to stay independent as that gives me more options to respond and makes it very clear that I am:
    • NOT Uber
    • NOT representing Uber
    • NOT being paid by Uber
    • work on PA in my free time
    • pay for hosting and CDN costs
    The About Me section of the new posts should cover that.
    tracert and stuart98 like this.
  10. mwreynolds

Yeah, i see that. Well it would be nice if a post with a fact to not be deleted.
    I really hate to see all the misinformation.
  11. mikeyh

It's not about random people writing reviews.

This has already changed something... it's focused attention again on the issue and the small group of people involved in a vendetta against Uber over the past 20 months and one of them for over 30 months.

Every sale and update these people try to control the narrative so that the first thing anyone new or returning reads is their lies.

If you want me to continue paying for stuff and contributing my free time to updating PA then something needs to be done before the next update and steam summer sale.

I'll restate again... after 20 months I'm over allowing a small group of people to continue spam posting this stuff and will respond in kind (google it).
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I don't think your wrong mikey.... for the record though @tunsel11 always plays devils advocate (which isn't a bad thing imo). I am aware of just how dedicated these trolls are though. They were pushing for Jim sterling to do a hit piece against uber, he looked into it and declared 'the game looks pretty fun' and that the uber situation wasn't comparable to the dodgy developers he takes on so decided to leave it. That's the issue, these guys can't see the difference between a rip off merchant and a developer who made mistakes but ultimately delivered the product. I think they (the trolls ) genuinely feel they are 'fighting the good fight' in attacking uber.
    gmase and stuart98 like this.
  13. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I have just stepped in on the steam forums and given him a warning, if he returns or continues with his nonsense, then I will ban him.
    It's a shame this was not done previously tbh as it would possibly have saved a lot of hassle.
    cdrkf, stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  14. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Yep they think they are fighting the good fight and also think the end justifies the means, liying in this case. They must be either too young to have any perspective or mentally ill to keep fighting over a GAME they spent 40€ on a year ago.
    Last edited: April 27, 2017
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  15. cdrkf

It is quite a lot, but when we're talking about 200+ hours of entertainment I'd say it's still reasonable.
  16. xankar

xankar Post Master General

So you're going to spam post blatant lies in retaliation to them spam posting blatant lies? lmao

/s
  17. felipec

felipec Active Member

Let mikeyh do what he want to do. He is one of the reason the gameis not dead in the first place.
  18. cdrkf

For the record, when I said that about you I didn't mean it as a criticism... It's important for any meaningful discussion for someone to take the opposing position (in this case, defending the 'bad guys' on steam) to make sure it doesn't become one sided. Otherwise the entire conversation would just be how bad these guys are and all the terrible things we should do against them in retaliation. I get the distinct impression from conversations you've been involved with you tend to like to stick up for someone who is being criticized without being a part of the discussion. I often find myself doing the same thing.

Edit: Or I could be totally wrong :p
    Last edited: April 28, 2017
    stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  19. mwreynolds

I think the issue isn't negativity, it about the blatant and persistent wrong information that goes along with in these cases. If you try to correct the wrong information they get even more angry, even when you agree with them on other points.
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  20. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

Who are "they"?
  21. mwreynolds

Anyone who can't admit they are wrong even when shown the truth with links that show the indisputable truth.

e.g.
    Some people think that PA Titans costs full price for PA owners.

E.g. this review, who will delete any comment that tries to correct him.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961778348/recommended/386070

There is a big different between being negative and truthful and hateful with a mix of lies and half truths.

Sure some things are subjective, different people will like or dislike the same thing about a game.
    But when someone can't admit that other people like and enjoy a game just because they don't there is something wrong, and it stops being a discussion and turns into something else.
    Last edited: April 30, 2017
    gmase and Nicb1 like this.