Movies !!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tatsujb, February 4, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

the lineup this year TT_TT
    [​IMG]
    gmase likes this.
  2. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Yeah originality! are hollywood writers still on strike?
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

There are a few decent looking things on there- although agreed mostly sequels.

Out of interest I went to see Sing today (my partner fancied it)- wasn't too bad, admittedly the funniest bits are in the trailer and the plot isn't going to win any Oscars but quite a nice feel good movie and there were a few things I didn't see coming.
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I'm getting annoyed at Netflix not having the original voiceovers in movies I want to see. I dunno if this extends outside the US to EU. I imagine different regions have different Netflix issues.

I'm pretty sure A Monster In Paris, a french movie with music, has better songs in french. Not gonna risk it with english. And then there's all those chinese kung-fu movies with only english voicovers. Forget terrible voice acting, they aren't even synced half the time.
  5. tatsujb

wow weird choice there by netflix where i'd heard almost only good things about it
  6. arseface

I enjoyed Lego Batman, and I believe everybody here who enjoys fun will too.

So like, maybe 3 people.
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. tatsujb

Arrival really is amazing
  8. tatsujb

Passengers was really predicatbility galore :

even though I :
    • Love Chris Pratt
    • Love Jenifer Lawrence
    • Am a real sucker for triple-A grade Sci-Fi FX
    • find the scenario of this movie a tad bit novel and forward
    every last turn of this movie you expect from a mile away. Nothing, truely nothing about the events of this movie aren't phoned in.

it makes it painful to watch. so much so I found myself hating this movie when I had every reason to love it.

I just wish the really rich people who wanna make and direct movies weren't also so incredibly dumb so that they wouldn't produce movies made for the minds of three year olds.

Or maybe it's just business ruining things. making people exploit a recipe for success, carelessly allowing it to very VERY progressively and PAINFULLY become the ultimate recipe for failure.
  9. tatsujb

10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I feel your pain- I actually quite enjoyed Passengers based on the first 1/2 of the movie (and the *very very last scene*), however what was so frustrating was how they started with the intelligent drama and then bottled it half way though and decided to finish the plot with a typical Hollywood action sequence (heck fixing the ship wasn't a bad plot point however they lost me at the whole flying around in space suits stuff).

Sunshine went the same way- the first half of the film was brilliant, intelligent gripping drama- then degraded to running around after a bogey man. I'm guessing both films started out with good intentions, then Hollywood execs organised a few 'focus groups' (consisting of 12 year old boys I'm guessing)... it's like the 'marketing department' from the Dilbert comics / cartoons ('now I know it's a "power-drill" Dilbert, but our focus groups are telling us people like grilled steak- can you work with us here?') :p
    Last edited: February 21, 2017
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. tatsujb

Fuckk everything....
    yyy.jpg
    MrTBSC and cdrkf like this.
  12. arseface

Suicide Squad got it for best makeup. I can't think of anything else in 2016 that would beat it out in that category.
  13. tatsujb

Capture d’écran 2017-03-01 à 09.jpg
    MrTBSC likes this.
  14. tatsujb

oh look emoji movie not canceled
  15. tatsujb

SO i must've skipped mentioning Rogue One.

I saw it in cinema on it's release it blew me away

rewatching it now god i love this dude :

God is in the details :
  16. tatsujb

17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

..... so logan ... yea LOTS of slashy slashy in that movie ... was good but not like super mindblowing ..

manchaster by the sea was pretty good so i can recomend that as well as trainspotting 2 ..

roque one being better than episode 7 should be a no brainer .. i´ll put it on top 3 star wars movies easily ...

any thoughts on kong: skull island? (haven´t seen it yet)
    tatsujb likes this.
  18. tatsujb

not gonna watch it. massive cash-grab if I ever saw one capped off by only being a setup for the necessarily better Versus movie.

It's garbage topped with a little extra garbage to make it even more garbage-y
  19. tatsujb

20. arseface

I liked Kong.

It knew exactly what it was, and did that well. If you want a movie with good special effects and giant monsters, see it. It won't blow your mind, but it's worth watching because bigass action movies are best seen in theaters where the action is literally big.