Sub-commander steals only spawn (random bug)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by davedward, December 10, 2016.

1. davedward

davedward New Member

I've noticed after coming back to PA that the game still has a few rather terrible bugs. One game I had I couldn't build catalysts because it decided to spawn mass points under one of them, but this bug takes the cake.

Playing Galatic War (on Classic), Large maps, Medium difficulty, I got a sub-commander early on in Galatic War. I get to this system which you can't skip or escape from and check out what happens.

Only one super tiny spawn location, and my sub-commander steals it from me preventing me from spawning. All I can do is spectate and hope my AI controlled sub-commander wins. Seriously?

2. davedward

davedward New Member

Oh, this bug gets even better. I've watched the AI play for about half an hour now and just realized. The AI has occupied and explored both planets entirely. There's no enemy!! It can't win! This match will never end as there's no end goal. Wow.. guess I'm starting over from scratch. Just when I got the General Commander too.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. davedward

davedward New Member

Attached Files:

5. davedward

davedward New Member

Here's a more clean log where I deleted logs, started the game, and went back into the galatic war save and tried again with the same results.

Attached Files:

6. mikeyh

If playing on local server also need the server logs.
  7. davedward

davedward New Member

This is Galatic War single player. Uhh.. I see serveral server logs and can't figure out which one it would be. I've attached the likely candidates.

Attached Files:

8. davedward

davedward New Member

One more..

Attached Files:

9. mikeyh

FYI - easiest way would be to test again then grab latest logs or just match timestamps.
  10. davedward

davedward New Member

Okay then, here you go, I purged all the logs to ensure I have a matching pair. Here's both client and server log files from the same session. Reproduced the bug by reloading that same Galactic War match as I never made a new one yet.

Attached Files:

11. mikeyh

Also back up your entire PA data directory as I might need you to send me that.
  12. davedward

davedward New Member

By that do you mean the entire Planetary Annihilation directory under %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\ or something in my D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Planetary Annihilation directory? Neither have a 'data' folder that I can find. I figure the need is to capture the save and configuration settings?
  13. mikeyh

14. davedward

davedward New Member

Oh interesting. I wonder if old data from when I first installed the game survived in there. Unfortunetly I can't upload a zip file of it. It's too large 7.39MB even first layered in a 7-zip file first makes it 5.10 MB which is too large.
    What is the forum policy about posting external links? I can only figure using DropBox or Google Drive or such.
  15. davedward

davedward New Member