Saves not working.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mantha, October 1, 2016.

1. mantha

mantha New Member

I keep trying to play AI Skirmish games and when I save the game, it says the saves went fine but when I quit the game (or finish it all the way through...especially sucks to go through a five hour game to find you have no saves) and look in Saved Games, there are no saved games at all, aside from old games. This problem started yesterday.

I have logs and I have dxdiag info. As for the logs, I put everything from since the problem started occuring.

Help would be much appreciated! I'm tired of running through the same five hours of a battle over and over to get to where I was...

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 1, 2016
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Looks like you are playing on Uber servers and it should show in saved games.

Can you please send me a client log when viewing saved games.

You can load manually via replays then use play from here just before the end of time.

Paste these lobbyIds from your logs into replay search:
    • PAExpansion1:346079393380442748
    • PAExpansion1:94914962376014154
    These may take a while to load as the replay is moved to server then decompressed.

If you're specs are good enough you might want to play using a local server:
    • settings > server > local > on
  3. mantha

mantha New Member

I would do those things, but I don't know how to do a single thing you told me to lol, you'll have to explain the processes. Sorry.
  4. mikeyh

Read again... you'll figure it out.
  5. mantha

mantha New Member

For starters, I didn't even know replays could be used like that, nor do I know how to.
    Second, reading it a second time didn't help me whatsoever. I still have no idea how to do any of those things or what most of them even are. If you told me how to do them, we'd get somewhere...
  6. mikeyh

• start PA
    • single player > saved games
    • shutdown PA
    • upload the most recent client log
    • start PA
    • replays
    • paste PAExpansion1:346079393380442748 into search
    • click watch replay
    • wait for replay to load (if it fails try again)
    • scroll to just before end of time
    • click play from here
    • start PA
    • settings > server tab > local server > ON
    dom314 likes this.
  7. mantha

mantha New Member

(I apologise for taking a long time to get back to you, I went on a vacation for over a week)
    I attached the client log after viewing the saved games. Thanks for explaining everything step-by-step. Sorry if I seemed dense, I just didn't understand your instructions.

Attached Files: