Games!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, March 4, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

REPOST???!
    [​IMG]
    tunsel11 and Geers like this.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

PS4 NEO LEAK OMG KRAZY JAMMY SPECS CONFIRMED!!!!11?

cdrkf likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Halo 5: Forge on Windows 10 is an absolute blast. It's only custom games and forge... But honestly that's part of the best bits of the game. At the moment there is no server browser, but it's not hard to find a match. I kept hosting classic team slayer, btb, ctf, and other things. (No armour abilities, no sprint, etc) using the halo game finder site. Which is pretty akin to ye olde irc channels. I've had runs going 6 hours each day of last weekend with up to 16 players, sometimes down to 10 or 12 at low points. It was amazing let me say...

All the custom maps from console are available too, so finding old classics like Blood Gulch, Battle Creak, Sandtrap, Guardian, etc.. were all a quick search away.

It's 100% free, not even micro transactions... It's pretty ******* awesome tbh.

Controls are good, mouse feels good. Sometimes frames dip- especially on intensive forge maps with a **** ton of objects but for me it's no deal breaker.

The only issue is right now there is no fov slider, and capped 60 frames. Plus no server browser. But all three have been confirmed to be coming soon! If you ever want to play you need the windows 10 anniversary update. I have a TeamSpeak running. (Both my own and I know of one other.) Both are public and totally open to people playing. You need to make an xbox account, but that can be your windows account afaik. Gamertag is xSquishyPon3x. :p (I made an account and lost the password so had to use the x's, aren't I l33t,)
    mwreynolds and cdrkf like this.
  4. Geers

So I bought Lego Harry Potter both 1-4 and 5-7 on a whim because they were $5 each on Humble Bundle.

Just 100%ed 1-4. Took about 25 hours. It was... ok?

I LOVED the old Lego games. I dunno how good they hold up but as a wee lad I played Star Wars OT, Prequels, Saga, and Indiana Jones to 100% completion. I loved them.

Harry Potter didn't grab me. I didn't think it had any of the charm of the old games. It didn't feel like anyone who worked on it even particularly liked Lego or Harry Potter. The story isn't conveyed that well and they go a little too far in inventing random **** so there's enough levels.

Hogwarts as a hub is kinda confusing, it could use a map (helps to have a map), I don't remember getting lost in Mos Eisley or Marshall College.

And there are some really **** design/UI choices. For example in other Lego games the same character in a different shirt or whatever just got a different slot in the character select screen. In Lego Harry Potter they all share one icon, and the game scrolls through them automatically. Who the hell thought that was a good idea!? It's a terrible idea! The same thing happens for the "attack" spells which have literally no reason whatsoever to exist. There's NOTHING in the game to justify them. There aren't even that many enemies in the game. and whatever does come up, you just spam square or whatever until it explodes.

And the character creation is shite. On the one hand, they give you way more slots than two. On the other hand, you can't add capes and you can't make your character evil like you could in Lego Star Wars. And they only put in two icons for the custom characters so they scroll like the other ones as well. Which is just a ******* stupid idea.

This is something that gets overused, and misused a lot, but the game honestly feels lazy to me. It's uninventive and doesn't have any of the charm.

Full disclosure: I wouldn't really call myself a fan of Harry Potter. But I do have all the books, which I've read through at least 5 times. And I have all the movies, 5 on DVD and the last 3 on blu-ray. All of which I've seen at least 3 times each.

As for 5-7, I've only played about 2 levels. The only thing I have to say so far is: How the fluck does a game like this drop frames so hard?
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Halo Game Finder site? What site is this!? I MUST PLAY
  6. squishypon3

http://www.halolfg.com/ Here it is. Would you like to play at all? :D You should add me!
  7. Geers

Well since you're all ignoring my beautiful review of Lego Harry Potter, I'll just rant about Dreadnought.

I got into the closed beta, but there's this HORRENDOUS issue where the game hangs for 10 seconds every 10 seconds in a match. Literally unplayable for realisies. There's only one recent post about it on the forums, no dev response, and the bugtracker thread hasn't been updated in a month.

I WANTED TO PLAY THIS DAMMIT.

Oh and, just found this:

Looks kinda cool. Wish it was on mobile though, $5 on Humble Bundle if anyone's interested.
    Last edited: September 18, 2016
  8. squishypon3

That kaiju video you linked me reminds me of this game with a giant walking whale shark or something that you played as either the humans or it. Looks silly and fun. :D
  9. tatsujb

nope didn't.
    i dunno. all these 2d games just look like rip-off of battle for wesnoth. sure the graphics voice and scenario look better but i think the depth has already been explored. doesn't look to be supporting linux either whereas BFW came out first on linux
  10. Geers

stuart98 likes this.
  11. Geers

HOLY HELL NERDCUBED PLAYED WAR OF THE MONSTERS LAST WEEK NOSTALGIA ARRRRR

WHY IS THERE NO REMASTER/REMAKE/SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR INITIATIVE ON KICKSTARTER!?
    MrTBSC likes this.
  12. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

those are kinda tiny monters though ... now king of the monsters in the snes day ... good times
  13. tatsujb

14. tatsujb

the crazy thing is this one actually looks really funny.
  15. tatsujb

16. Geers

It looks stupid as fluck. I hate it.
    tatsujb and tunsel11 like this.
  17. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Having lots of fun with Halcyon 6: Starbase commander, and impulse brought Hacknet. Anyone played it?
  18. tatsujb

19. Geers

Welp. Just got banned from r/gaming.

My crime? "Witch-hunting".

That is to say, I pointed out the EIGHT bots on the front page.

That's all. No malice, no "go downvote them" or anything. Just basically "can we have this not happen".

And yes, they are all bots. One of them had three generic comments, another two had literally one comment to their name, NONE of them had any comment karma.

Fun fact: I was listening to the Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt soundtrack when it happened.
    MrTBSC and tatsujb like this.
  20. tatsujb

yeeah yeah preach to another choir that's what all the crooks say /S

;)

(says the guy who got life ban from ashes of the singularity forum)