Writing a chronicle of PA's long journey

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, January 14, 2016.

1. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Didn't know you were french :) Read your article, it's a really, really good one. Well to be honest, Ashes of the singularity (which i've been testing since early access) is far from being the TA/PA/supcom killer i thought it would be. As opposed, i'm much more enthousiast about the new Homeworld

It definitly feels like a mix of Ground Control / supremme commander, even if obviously the game is not focused on gigantic battles ... much more tactical like GC, WIC .... But it definitly have the graphisms and seems to take advantage of relief as i would have liked this to be the case with PA. Now i can't stop dreaming of PA 2 running with such an impressive engine. Ashes of the Singularity could have been nice if devs wouldn't have this obvious aversion to strategic zoom (they want it from a whaoo effect perspective but don't want it from a gameplay perspective, thus refusing to introduce strategic icons and replacing all this piece of info with a ******* and useless minimap, plus all units look like the same). However lots of kuddos for your article, which would really deserved to be translated in English :)
    Last edited: January 18, 2016
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Don't worry @doud I'm with you 100% of the way, you have no idea. And as for your compliments: thank you so much!

side note : Homeworld is basically the first game I ever played alongside starcraft (offered to me by my dad as a little kid). It's been my N°1 reference and I've been following Hardware .... errr ... deserts of Karak since the start. Remember the P.A.C.E. wallpaper thread?
    doud and stuart98 like this.
  3. fetusthebard

fetusthebard New Member

Nice way to isolate the greater than 50% that played this game on steam and were shafted 60 dollars.
    No really, I'm sure you'll emerge as the victors of this story.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

You actually justify my post even more with your...comment :l
    stuart98, Nicb1, Bsport and 1 other person like this.
  5. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Planetary Annihilation: Chronicle of a Journey :D
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've gone ahead and used Tatsu's suggestion of "TheWrongCat's Tail". I've got a slot on the Wayward website with a preamble up already. First chapter still in progress. It's been slowed down a lot because I'm currently embroiled in a legal dispute which is sapping a lot of my free time.
    elodea and andreasgg like this.
  7. lokiCML

OK:)
  8. lokiCML

Last edited: June 16, 2016
  9. cwarner7264

Honest answer, Loki, is that I've had a load of other things which have had to take priority over writing this. It's something I want to do very much. I've assembled notes and an outline, but it may be a while before you see anything more on this. I'm not gaming very much at all these days, I just don't seem to have the time!

EDIT: You know what, on reflection, after this EU referendum is done (it's currently consuming a LOT of my time) I will set aside some more time to sit and write this. I'll keep this thread updated.
    Last edited: June 17, 2016
    Furballman, ljfed, Nicb1 and 3 others like this.
  10. cwarner7264

Pleased to be able to say that work has now begun in earnest on this once more. I had already completed a significant portion of the first chapter, which I now hope to have out in the next couple of weeks :) I'm now allocating time to this on a daily basis, so subsequent chapters ought to be much quicker off the press.

Chapter 1 is very much a background and scene-setting affair, and covers up to the end of the Kickstarter itself.

I'm very much hoping that people can submit feedback, improvements and any factual corrections as I go along. The eventual intention is to publish the whole lot together as one piece, so what gets posted initially may very well end up being revised, possibly several times, before reaching its final form.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

So a 'Beta' stage for your article? Or is that Gamma? :p
    tatsujb and cwarner7264 like this.
  12. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

cwarner7264 likes this.
  13. cwarner7264

Last edited: July 22, 2016
    cdrkf, lokiCML, tatsujb and 3 others like this.
  14. tatsujb

ugh can't believe I backed this!

this "SOON" bullshit is making me so mad! :mad:

/S
  15. tatsujb

up top man!

fine job right there!

it's crazy to me how much I can relate to what you're saying. I brought my account to zero to obtain my kickstarter pledge for what was finally a small sum but at the time was all I had.
    Last edited: July 22, 2016
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

cwarner7264 likes this.
  17. lokiCML

cwarner7264 likes this.