The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

You're assuming from a sentence I wrote in that post that I'm an ignorant idiot? Well played.
    "But I doubt anybody can change that."

That is the exact bullshit I can't stand. If you believe that, why are you even in this discussion?
    Colin, you are STILL quoting his bullshit and asking where his actual policies are. You won't find them inside the bullshit. IGNORE THE BULLSHIT. Orb had the same problem - he kept dwelling on the bullshit instead of moving to the stuff he can actually do based on our laws and Constitution.

http://ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_Foreign_Policy.htm

There's a link for you :)

Funny, it looks like the Great Depression increased income inequality. You're pulling random facts and calling it causality. Please go to an economics class. It's way more complex than that.

If they are both at McDonalds, you done fucked up.
    In what universe do we support that? That's one of the *duh everyone thinks that* issues. If you're rich, either you or a close family member worked their butt off to get to that point. Especially with our tax system, that's quite an achievement. The exception is royalty, but we don't have to deal with that here in the US. :p
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Great depression was 1929-1941 Mered, peak on the chart before decline was 1928. In other words you're saying nonsense.
    tunsel11 and tatsujb like this.
  3. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

But why is it okay for him to say any bullshit at all? Fine, all go along (I didn't (and won't) look, but I don't doubt that he has some sane ideas and probably even some very good ideas), so he has some amazing ideas and plans that he can achieve without congressional support, so why does he say he wants to build a wall and deport Mexicans? Why does he say that he could shoot somebody in the street and nobody would mind? I'd be happy with whoever is truly the best candidate, him, Hillary or whomever, but I don't really see why he should be a possibility when he goes around and pulls stuff out of his butt instead of saying that he doesn't know, or when he's a bigoted jerk, or when he proposes ridiculous solution.

If he's elected, he's representing America, and I don't want somebody like him to affect my image. And I certainly don't want him to even say any bullshit at all. That's part of why I don't like Ben Carson (Pyramids!), or Hillary (generic politician). (In fact, why are people so uneducated that they don't see that the President can't affect taxes long-term, gas prices, wars without congressional approval, or even repeal or directly change Obama Care (which I approve of. It saves my family quite a bit of money).)
    MrTBSC, cola_colin, tunsel11 and 2 others like this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

At this point argument is futile, but it's still fun :p
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am convinced it is when dealing with certain people who follow certain opinions, but one might as well try...
    :p

Why would I ignore the bullshit? I mean if a person appears to tell bullshit 90% of their waking time then it might be ... a warning sign there might be an issue with a person? Why is that so hard to understand?

Yes I am pretty sure the financial system is gonna blow again and since our whole society is build around this crazy abomination preventing that would be a task much much harder than world piece. However I do believe that good political decisions can make the unavoidable breakdown much easier to handle. But in general the system is so broken that it will need a few more "booom all money is gone" before people accept that it needs to be changed.
    Last edited: February 8, 2016
    stuart98, tunsel11 and tatsujb like this.
  6. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Argument? Looked to me like Colin was just pub stomping all you guys. One sided massacre I say.
    MrTBSC, Gorbles, stuart98 and 3 others like this.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I can tell you this for free - the people who work in politics full time have at best a tenuous grasp on the wider picture, and that's with dedicating their every working hour to studying and debating the subject. The overwhelming majority of amateur politics and discussions like this one are on the basis of gut instinct, a general reliance on internal moral compasses, and a deathly fear of being proven wrong.

I work in international shipping, I have studied business and economics extensively and I was politically active for a number of years. The biggest take-away that I get from any political discussion is that absolutely no-one really knows what they're talking about. I include myself and every single professional politician in that statement.

Winning a political argument comes down to being able to produce and use statistics that support your rhetoric better than the other guy. And you can find statistics somewhere to support just about any argument.

TL;DR - you're all wrong, and so am I ;)
    MrTBSC, Gorbles, stuart98 and 4 others like this.
  8. killerkiwijuice

And why would you say that? Because you agree with his opinions? I tried to leave my opinion out after... well... kappa.png

My terrorism statements were opinion based but they're not illogical to me. The rest is mostly objective fortunately.

I seem to be in the minority here anyway, so of course it's going to look like a massacre since it's biased. All of the likes here etc are from assumed liberals.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

awww mista can't stand on his own and is all gwumpy now.

Please.

If I had a dime for everytime I stood alone on this forum I'd be millionaire. You just can't handle it.
  10. killerkiwijuice

It was a simple observation
    Last edited: February 9, 2016
    websterx01 likes this.
  11. cola_colin

Liberals who one day will save the world including your *** :p

EDIT:

I have a very low agreement rate with those statements and combined with Trumps general behavior he really seems to feel like he is in that same "they're all out to get us"-world you seem to live in. I don't believe in calling any nation to be our straight up "enemy". At least not as a political statement made after thinking about it. Declaring that "those other people" are our enemies is never gonna improve anything. If people like that were let loose in all nations without restraint on them they'd all declare each other to be enemies and start to fight the 3rd world war.
    Last edited: February 8, 2016
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  12. killerkiwijuice

Yeah I don't have a problem with liberals at all, I just don't consider myself one. When you said people are shaped by their environments, while semi-ingenuous (sorry for the big word lel), it's also true. As for the saving the world thing, I'm just waiting for the alien mother ship to arrive then we can talk about politics.
  13. cola_colin

It's here already, it landed in our backyard we just don't tell you. However the aliens have brought me absolute knowledge and wisdom, so you better do as I say. ;)
    tatsujb likes this.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

It's over. This guy wins.

15. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Gotta say this comment is pretty childish.

There's a point where things need to end. Your post pretty much confirms that time has passed.
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it passed a long time ago when the holocaust got made a mockery of, nuking was cited as a solution to the middle east crisis and guns started protecting.

I'm childish ???? Please.
  17. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

The number of people saying "X is communism" has dropped dramatically.

For the sake of popcorn, I demand more posts in that vein. Bonus points for noting the differences between communism, Communism, and Chinese Communism.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Case in point, number 674. Tatsu makes a snarky comment when someone mentions his apparent lack of maturity.

A vote for berni is a vote for Soviet bear. Aged, cuddly, and savage up close.
  19. cola_colin

Trump says he is gonna get along with Putin. Trump is a communist!
  20. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Checkmate, Bernie.
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.