Beginner questions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garfieldklon, November 10, 2015.

1. garfieldklon

garfieldklon New Member

I'm just confused about when you scroll around with the camera over a planet and come back to your home base, it's likely that the viewpoint is completely different than before. I will try the 'n' trick, using this view right from the beginning for orientation.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, the camera anchor points that @mwreynolds mentioned are a good help for that too. I'd like to add to that that the first camera anchor point is already set automatically. So <Alt>+1 will always bring you back to your main base with the same orientation and zoom level as it was in the beginning. (Well, assuming you built your main base where your comm landed).
    goofyz3 likes this.
  3. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

I think this is just something you have to get used to. Seeing up camera anchors as others have said definitely helps. Also if you want to get the camera in a specific rotation before you set a camera anchor you can kind of scroll in a U shape (down, then across as much as you want and then back up to the original spot).
  4. garfieldklon

garfieldklon New Member

Ok.

But what I'd really like to know is this different circle for certain buildings. Also the 'anti-nuke launcher' has three circles.
  5. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Did not know this. Good one.
  6. garfieldklon

garfieldklon New Member

No one can explain the different colored circles of multiple buildings???
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I think green is radar vision, red is ground/air attack range and orange is orbital attack range.
  8. garfieldklon

garfieldklon New Member

Next question:
    I can build an advancded metal extractor over an existing normal one. Is that a bug? Which income does count? Both?
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Both
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It's intentional, if you zoom in really close you'll see the t2 is designed to fit around / over the t1 :)
    Nicb1 likes this.