Is PA finished?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Remy561, November 22, 2015.

1. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

After the honeymoon period of PA: Titans' release, the combined player base of both Titans and PA original seems to be stabilizing at around 600 simultaneous players. This is what the player base of Planetary Annihilation was around before Titans was released.

Here is a Steam Chart of PA compared to Supreme Commander.

[​IMG]

(Edit: All PA versions are actually totalling 600 simultaneous players instead of 300)
    Last edited: November 24, 2015
    tatsujb and huangth like this.
  2. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

ehhh, I would rather get a PC from a actual dealer, like Best Buy. I may get one, Christmas is coming soon! But, for now my laptop is good. minus the bug, PA runs really well.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I can't like this message.. but I agree with it. So many little bugs that need squashing. Perhaps the few left are working hard on a bunch of fixes.. but I would think then we would see it in the PTE branch.. so since we see nothing I'm not getting a good vibe. No I don't want it to end, and would happily buy again to keep it going forward.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

not including the non-steam players
    Nicb1, huangth and tunsel11 like this.
  5. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

Have to say coherent UI has held back the game so much. So many issues just from a UI, a UI should be stable and work.
    tunsel11, ace63 and philoscience like this.
  6. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Yes. It was a lot of fun though. What's next guys?
  7. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

The forums for the past few months:

8. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yep in my case I never use the Steam version.
  9. psdpro

psdpro Member

Because you can change your in-game name, but not your Uber account username. For those of us that got "Username Already Exists" when signing up for Uber accounts (despite no one on the site actually using that name), we're locked into one name on the forums while using our preferred name in-game.

There are at least some workarounds, as you can see by my profile pic. ;)
    n00n and violetania like this.
  10. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

rip all hopes of multiplayer GW
    Remy561 and tunsel11 like this.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

to small a community and playerbase for that anyway ...
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

that hope has died ages ago when it was basically directly said that it turned out to be simply way toooo complex.
    tatsujb, huangth, Nicb1 and 2 others like this.
  13. andybe

andybe New Member

i find this funny. the statistics clearly show how great a game supcom is. But devs these daysneed to take a perfectly fine game and instead of building up on it they just change it and expect people to like it (maybe because they want to make a name for themselves? - i dunno). Well i have yet to see one game released this century that claimed to have fixed the mistakes of the past to actually have made the successor be a better game. I don't think it works that way.
    If just ONE of those freaking idiots who want to suceed supreme commander successfully would at least even consider keeping the basegame as it is for now And just created a descent lobby and engine for it as first priority. So large games can be finished within an hour and not 3 and people don't Dc regularly. HOLY **** what would happen to the game?! Then and only then balancig and changes should be rolled in, but those of a voluntary kind, where peopel have the option to go with them or not! But no ! we have to be different cause perfect is not good enough D:
    PA isnt muhc better either. the Titns update shoudl have been there from the start and still , even tho we now fight over entire planets the game doesn't feel remotely as epic as supcom does. However i really do enjoy blowing up planets - but we'll see how long it takes for me to return to forged, just to be sodomised by the terrible client q.q ( but still! supcom gets me furious for its poorly programmed client communication, still im willing to take it every now and then - I wonder why).
    Well, being bossy just bites you in the *** eventually -lol(with sadface :[ )
    Last edited: November 26, 2015
    elkanfirst likes this.
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

well different ballancing and units being rather more squishy it generally has different impact than what supcom offers .. i personaly like PA´s ballance when you concider how viceral carpetbombing is with t1bombers here
    as were in SupCom they barely scratch units f.e. or how you have more AoE units such as infernos and vanguards or sparks despite their shorter ranges it simply feels different with it´s own kind of epic impact
  15. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Trying to play supcom again, and watching people play it on twitch for me it is far from epic when compared to Titans.
    Nothing beats balanced teams shared armies game.
    Remy561 and tunsel11 like this.
  16. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

the FAF guys managed to make a rudimentary GW, and he had a lot less to work with
    ace63 likes this.
  17. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Team might be just doing something bigger, since Titans is more or less stable.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The base game is finished but that doesn't mean the modding community can't finish it further. Click my banner.
    cdrkf, Nicb1 and Alpha2546 like this.
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

double edged sword.

All I'll say on that :p
    yuuuuuuuup

why the hell is MNC and super MNC mixed into the PA uber accounts???!

Some MNC douche stole "tatsu" from me! GRAHHHHH!!! :mad::mad:
    psdpro likes this.
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

stuart98, n00n, tatsujb and 5 others like this.