Planets's smash is too easy and boring

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by amphok, October 12, 2015.

1. amphok

amphok Member

right now it's way to easy to fortify a planet and build an halley and destroy the other planet, like a big troll

the same for ragnarok built in your own base just to conclude the game in a draw, i don't like this kind of lame thing

there must be something that prevent that, like anti-nuke that deals with nuke

against halley something that deviate the trajectory of the planet, ragnarok dunno, it's just silly, more silly than a interplanetary annihilation

i'm talking, mostly about team game
    Last edited: October 13, 2015
    ace63 and tatsujb like this.
  2. huangth

huangth Active Member

There is no such design which can make everyone satisfied.
    For my opinion, they are fine.
    And I don't like a game with a long duration over than 1 hour.

Currently, there is no counter method to planetary weapons if they are ready.
    All you need to do is to avoid enemy do that.
    Once you see the enemy is building it, you must react it immediately.
    The best method is to use them before the enemy to do the same thing.
    And it is an economical race, which simplifies the condition of victory and provides a clear goal for player to achieve.

By the way, I have had a game that both sides want to obtain the same asteroid.
    Both sides repeatedly destroyed the enemy, but no one can hold the unfinished halley.
    The situation continued longer than 12 min.
    When both side have the similar economy and the knowledge of game,
    the stalemate still happens even with these game enders.
    They are not easy to use.

About the Ragnarok, it is needed for the game.
    It is very difficult and ineffective to sweep every planet in a large system.
    For large planet, holding a place and defend it.
    Then the Ragnarok can be used to destroy the planet.
    It is also a good balance to encourage player to develop the small planet.
    Small planet usually has fewer metal spots, but it is easier to defend.
    On the other hand, large planet has more metal spot, but it is more unsafe
    since large planet can be invaded and placed the Ragnarok easily.
    Last edited: October 12, 2015
  3. huangth

huangth Active Member

Here I bring up an new idea to let more players happy.
    How about adding an option: Planetary weapon rate?

Just like the eco rate, the planetary weapon rate can control the price of these super weapons.
    Thus, the host can adjust the rate to make the game longer or shorter.
    Last edited: October 12, 2015
  4. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I would say the current counter for the halley or ragnarock is the nuke, not sure if you can halley a planet into an an asteroid after launch but that could be fun. : )
  5. huangth

huangth Active Member

In my opinion, there are three major counter methods to the halley.
    Orbital units, nuke, and the unit cannon.
    Since many players build the anti nuke before constructing the halley,
    it is too late to launch the nuke after you see the halley is under construction.

I think the real counter method is orbital units, especially the Helios.
    Helios can take some damage from umbrella and send many ground force into the asteroid to clear it.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

multiunittransports ...

otherwise anything orbital antisurface or getting a teleporter down and an army through

asteroids and planets should not have less than 3 halleays

also the usual thing aplies if your opponent outecos you or outproducess you it realy isn't much of a suprice to get smashed and you can't be passive with other planets out there .. you always need to contest your opponents and scout them ...

still my main concern unless resolved is that the options we got are not sufficient enough for invading planets
    as they either take too long (hellios/unitcannon)
    or are too easily countered (teleporters)
    ace63 likes this.
  7. elodea

elodea Post Master General

yes, this discussion was previously brought up before the simplified planet collision mechanic was implemented. The community made it quite clear that it was extemely bad for gameplay and severely limited map makers. Due to cosmetic/technical and quality reasons however, uber chose to use the system we have currently.

I can see their reasons for doing so. As a company creating a product, they obviously have to have different values placed on certain things than we do (polish vs gameplay for instance ).

As for Ragnarok and the game enders in general, they are definitely not priced right.
    Last edited: October 13, 2015
    ace63 likes this.
  8. amphok

amphok Member

nuke can be easily countered by anti-nuke, how this can be a good counter?

the only viable counter like it was said here, is the hellios + manhattan or random mass units
    but again it make the game dull, you have only one option to do a planet invasion

omega are a bit useless, avenger can counter anything, so they are not an option, i think they need some buff, maybe a price reduction...
  9. huangth

huangth Active Member

I agree that nuke is not a good counter due to the anti nuke.

But the omega isn't useless.
    I originally though as you, but I don't think so now.
    If you have tried to use avenger to kill the omega, you can find out why.
    Omega can kill the a lot of avengers since many players don't compact the avengers before leading an attack.
    In late game, the combination of omega with astraeus is better than using avengers with astraeus.
    In the very late game, player can even totally give up the avengers, and replace avengers with pure astraeus.
  10. amphok

amphok Member

you mean artemis? because i prefer teleport for invading
    anyway yes if the player sends avengers in a straight line i may agree, but a good player should not do that
  11. MrTBSC

so how would you like see them priced?
  12. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Halleys and such are super rewarding only after youve used them multiple times and understand why they are needed. The game is not meant to be an arty slugfest. So yes, even if you spam t2 air fabs and litter your silly planet with umbrellas with umbrellas and antinukes... I will be more than happy to halley myself into you simply for being the most boring person ever to play against. Planet strongholds are outright boring... So that is my solution for you wasting my time.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. MrTBSC

but if you don't have the halleayroid and not manage to build a ragnarök on his planet?
  14. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

then i think to myself to go orbital sooner and have a tele to prevent such mind numbingly boring play. I tend to also avoid maps like that like the plague. Metal planets are there for a reason.
  15. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

If you try hard enough there's a way in to anything in this game. Unit cannons, That one titan, orbital invasions, orbital invasions with enough SSXs to take care of umbrellas (lots of them of course)
  16. amphok

amphok Member

they have avenger, avenger are like the plague of orbital, you can't do anything if he know how to control them

they should remove that shitty avenger really, it ruin orbital playing, we don't need hard counter like that
    i've already said that i prefer many soft counter than one single hard counter

the helios is the only thing that work, yes one option, very excting to do it everytime lol

unit cannon are counter in some way by umbrella....
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

A large force of omega are very hard to defend against and shred avengers easily....
    huangth likes this.
  18. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Don't forget the anti nuke only comes with one shot and only has 3 shots when fully charged so 2 nukes will kill it just after building and 4 nukes will sink it with one strike. Anti nukes do take a long time to build and are fairly easy to destroy with the unit cannon.

The key to all these strategy's is information, If you're information warfare is strong you will see threats coming and be able to counter effectively.

If you just sit on a planet and fortify you will probably loose unless you're playing a n00b.
    huangth likes this.
  19. amphok

amphok Member

yeah but anti nuke cost 16% less, well i guess it could work if you spam nuke only, but in the maintime you are vulnurable to other attack, if you waste all that metal on nuke
  20. amphok

amphok Member

not cost per cost