Do you think Uber should make another MNC game but go back to their roots?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by wtfyourdead, May 30, 2015.

?

Should Uber make their next MNC game like the MNC or SMNC or do a new style

1. Make it like MNC

62.5%
  2. Make it like SMNC

12.5%
  3. Something entirely different

25.0%
  1. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

NOTE: This is my opinion (2 cents) about the game so please dont take it as if i am a know it all or "i know whats best for them" kind of guy

So i was a big fan of the first MNC game, i loved the characters, the fast-paced, chaotic gameplay along with the atmosphere, as well as many of the games mechanics. I thought it was a very good game for the price they were offering for it, you definately got bang for your buck which is always a thumbs up in my book of games to suggest to friends.

Now....when i played SMNC, i did not have the same feeling i had with the first one, the games felt slower, more focused on laning and dealing with creeps instead of running around guns blazing at the enemy team and we could not build our own turrets anymore :c. I still enjoyed the characters, maps and the atmosphere but the gameplay felt like it took 1 step foward 2 steps backwards. I felt like it lost its charm compared to the first one, i did not enjoy the 'slower' gameplay (probably because i played the first one) at all.

Uber, if your do decide to make another MNC in the foreseeable future i hope you decide to take it back to the style of the first MNC, back to the fast paced gameplay and more focus driven on killing players than the minions. I mean there is so much more potential MNC could have if you look in the right areas, why not add more turrets for us to choose from and defend our base with or new merc bots to harass our foes. You could also decide to put in a commander role where the two players (game announcers) help their team in various ways, both offensively and defensively. I would not mind if you had to buy it to play it again and in the future added miro transactions for cosmetics and skins while keeping the maps and characters free as then this would not split up the player base (looking at you call of duty and your stupid, overprices map packs)

Like i said, this my 2 cents on it but i hope MNC stays and does not fade off into the abyss like so many other good game series (Jak, banjo-kazooie, crash bandicoot :( )
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

... honestly no idea ...

i think however they shouldn't push out a mnc game too soon .. even if mnc is very differenet from mobas the fact of how many mobas are out and still get released makes it more and more difficould for it to be realy profitable

so if they would push a mnc in their current possition it has to be a big hit ...
    which i simply don't see going to happen for the rest of this decade
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I think they said when they make the next MNC game it would be closer to MNC then SMNC style of gameplay.

I still think it was a missed opportunity not to relaunch SMNC on the PS4 and XB1, when they were fresh and had little games.
    But Uber knows best.

As long as the studio stays afloat, I will continue to hope for another MNC universe game.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

iirc they made smnc because of the bs with microsoft
    were it took them like 3 months to get a finished patch through ... also i hear patching games on console shall cost additional money?
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

They made SMNC because they wanted to do so many changes to MNC, they just decided to do another game.
    And in their words, the only way to describe it was Super, instead of calling it MNC2.

They put it on PC because patching on Steam was 100 times easier then patching over XBL, which yeah, did cost money per patch, and took an absurd amount of time. Being on PC let them iterate on the game much quicker then they could have on consoles.

Alpha and Beta testers were able to give their feedback and it could implemented in as as little as one week. The Uber development cycle was Mon-Wed work on the patch/content. Thursday deploy. Friday patch if needed. Next week, repeat. They kept doing this for months until they could not afford to any longer.

Uber did almost make a deal to get SMNC on XB360, but at the last second Microsoft changed the terms, which would have basically given them the rights to the S/MNC IP in the contract. Uber was like "Forget that."

I think patching on consoles is easier now with other F2P games on them, but I could be wrong, maybe nothing has changed.

But yeah, MS kinda shafted MNC on XB360, telling the Uber devs to stop patching and adding content specifically. Between that and the fudged SMNC contract, I can imagine Uber is not very happy with MS. But they would miss out on a big part of the userbase if they did not release MNC2 on PC, PS4 and XB1.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

They should try if they can to release to new consoles. If the contracting via microsoft is still fudged, then they should forget it just as they have before, nobody has ever blamed them for not bending over to microsoft, nobody liked microsoft's actions from the beginning. Honestly, if they do have a problem next time, they should send a mass email to anyone that has ever provided it to the SMNC forums so they can get together and mass petition microsoft to quit jerking them around.

Besides that, I didn't mind SMNC or how it was a moba, but the extreme skill is mainly related to how hard-up severe the gap was in levels and the snowball mechanics. A few anti-snowball mechanics, along with less harsh leveling, and being able to repurchase turrets in super or at least rebuy shields for them in a pinch, would be nice.

It shouldn't be exactly like turbo as that is just a brawl, it should be objective based but an individual player should feel more effectual.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

As far as I know they have no plans to work on a MNC game anytime soon and don't even have a desire to make their game backwards compatible on the xbox 1 backwards compatibility program.

I also feel that if they do make a game in the MNC universe, it should be more like MNC than SMNC. Even SMNC's turbocross mode didn't live up to the fast paced slaying of MNC. I like games that require good teamwork, but also empower the individual enough to take on multiple members of the other team if they're skilled enough. You can't get 2-3 kills completely by yourself in one attack on SMNC but you can get 4-6 solo kills on MNC.