[WIP][Server] Imperial Legion (Faction)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

That is a really good idea. Thanks for letting me know.

I have yet to actually test the drone carrier myself, but will definitely look into it. (Maybe instead of the back pods launching missiles they can launch drones?) anyway thanks for the idea again.
    philoscience and cdrkf like this.
  2. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Looking at this, it seems really multi role. Would you perhaps consider weaker, cheaper, multi purpose titans that will be able to target the vast majority of units. Perhaps a sub carrier that can hide in deep water to escape bombers, but not be able to launch ships then.
    bakalah and optimi like this.
  3. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

+1 for Sub Carriers!
  4. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

i think you should make this thing into a titan-hunter, instead of double barreled, go with one massive railgun, instead of the two little canons give it a mortar cannon, keep the missile launchers .

gosh darnit, noticed while writing this that im basically asking you to turn it into a baneblade variant... i still think its the way to go though.
    sigmud2 likes this.
  5. Nicb1

Sounds like you're almost talking about a mix of the Shadowsword Baneblade and another variant here.
    Which now that I've looked into the variants again I do like the idea of a volcano cannon.

Not sure if ill change up too many aspects of it, but I'll look into a few different central turret designs in the future.

On the topic of naval, I am not likely to do a naval titan. The closest that I will get to that is a hover titan.
    I have a few reasons for this, all being pathing related. When you have a large naval unit it looks strange if it tries to rotate fast (does this when it runs into pathing errors), and larger naval is likely to have a lot of pathing trouble in certain situations. It's tough to go into detail when writing a post, but that's roughly two of the issues.
  6. Nicb1

Decided to redo the power generators to make them look a bit more unique. Before they looked very similar to their vanilla equivalents.
    T1 Power Generator:
    (The centre beam will glow.)
    [​IMG]

I'll start showing some ingame screenshots as soon as we get some more stuff textured. Like the T2 Battleship and all that (It has changed a bit since I last showed it).

EDIT:
    I may have taken inspiration from another game. Points to whoever works out what game it is.
    Last edited: August 30, 2015
    cdrkf, Remy561, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I really can't wait to play imperial legion ! you're really skilled at elaborating very nice new unit models !
    Nicb1 likes this.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

:eek: guess what immediately came to my mind : The perfect model for a Transformer Unit :eek: If only Carbon Games (AirMech) could have collaborated with Uber to work on "transformer" like units. Man you're making my day each time you post a new model ;)
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

All AirMechs are bipedal (with the exception of one that's quadropedal or, on one skin of it, octopedal) though.
    Last edited: September 20, 2015
  10. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

i smell a dawn of war player..

Attached Files:

burntcustard and Nicb1 like this.
  11. Nicb1

:)
    Honestly I didn't expect someone to pick up on that this quickly. But yeah I loved the dawn of war series (still do) and needed something that looked better than my old pgen design, this just happened to be on my mind at the time.
    For the T2 gen I was going to base it on the Thermo Plasma generator, but that design may end up changing quite a bit.
    burntcustard likes this.
  12. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Wow guys! Just read through the entire thread and this is looking epic! I'll happily donate 10$ once you get a working preview going. Curious about the rumor of shields being in this mod.
    Nicb1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  13. Nicb1

Glad you're liking the project so far :)

In regards to shields, the idea is still very much up in the air. We most likely will not be using shields in the same manner as supreme commander (Dome that covers a lot of your base). This is not set in stone by any means but we we're thinking of trying basically an alternative to walls, where we have points that produce very very small areas where bullets can be shot down. (This area is not large enough to cover a whole structure eg power plant or foundry). So the idea was to have them function in a manner where rapid fire units will break through faster than super slow firing units (The points would work on an ammunition system where after depleted they will have to recharge before being able to block shots again). This wall type will also possibly block high flying artillery shots that pass over as well. This is still very much an idea/concept that we are playing around with so it may change drastically and if it doesnt work out we'll just move onto trying something different (If nothing can be worked out standard walls will be utilised, i'm hoping we can do something more unique but still balanced/useful though).

I know I keep saying this but I must stress this is purely a concept that may not work out in the end. If you guys have any ideas though pertaining to the idea feel free to share.
    Last edited: September 2, 2015
  14. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Awesome. I like the drone idea too. Plz no hover. Making the Titans really different from vanilla ones would be best in my opinion (but same HP and cost?). That being said, unless you add a naval Titan (and I think you shouldn't), they should probably all be able to go over water somehow. I'd say make this thing submersible/amphibious!
    sigmud2, Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Holy crap guys

I just decided to have a look through your repo

Dat rockteeth commander

Wat

I noticed that you're using ModX fabber models.

I'd use the tier three type two modx fabber bot for the tier two bot fabber or just create something original. For the T2 fab vehicle, use the modx combat fab vehicle and create something original for tier one, the modx fabbers tend to look too similar to vanilla.
  16. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Can any of us get hands on that repro? I'd love to see the work done.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

ModX models are placeholder.

I don't think the repo should be public either :/
    elodea and Nicb1 like this.
  19. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Oh, sorry... Want me to delete the link?
    (Seems you need to pay GitHub to have private repositories...)
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Then pony up :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.