You have obviously bad Community management.

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by starsauron, August 20, 2015.

1. X39

X39 New Member

shall i call you what you are again?
    or shall i just repeat what i answered to you lil boy like 1000 times by now?
  2. starsauron

starsauron Member

OK lets look this way as you say.

Problem is, this way you let "them" win. With official Threads like "we answer only on own homepage" and "please keep it silent" and this ignoring, is worst respond ever.
    They "evil guys in your opinion" easy convince now people to their point of view.

2100 people did sign up for the petition and they can anytime down vote the game.
    https://www.change.org/p/uber-enter...op-making-us-pay-for-what-we-already-paid-for

It's not like if there are no mass spam of threads its out of the world.

I am not 90 Euro Early, anyway "they" convinced me it not ethical to farther support uber.
    And thats the point, for now uber did maybe sell some game copies,
    but a lot of people will never again buy anything from them.

Just because they miss an official statement and an apology for 90 Euro Early Access.
  3. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

That's interesting. If you are not an EA backer, what is your reason to hate Uber?
    Because they sell a DLC like upgrade? or is there something else?
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Imho the notion of "them" winning is childish.
    Nobody wins with all this.
  5. starsauron

starsauron Member

I am Early, but not 90^^ Hate ? I am just disappointed.
    Win, in meaning of convince people to their point of view.

Look, why should be a Normal "release" customeror "low" money Early Access buyer be upset about uber?
    Problem starts, if they realize that a group of "pay lot money" early supporters don't get the game they did pay for.

Look it from this of view

This guys are great to support a lot of indie developers, and as gamer you are actually interested to keep this group, so they finance more games, so you can buy more games on steam summer sale.

Is it really a good idea to lose the biggest and most paying money group ? If they did pay 60 or 90 Euros, why wouldn't they pay 30 or more Euro for easy to make story campaign or second faction ?

Look I did give for Robocraft "free2play" around 30 euros, did buy each DLC by Stronghold Crusader 2 and Company of Heroes 2. But why ? Well I see quality and development there and want to support this.
    And that they do care for the community. Cmon by Relic we get 1 week free access to the British faction.
  6. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I thought disappointment is a passive trait. When you start reaching out to other people to convince them that a company is bad I would assume it is more then pure disappointment. Yes I confess, hate might be a bit exaggerated ;).
    Anyhow, from the rest of your post I get the impression that your main reason stems from the fact that you see PA as an unfinished product that got killed of to early.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

reaching out to other people to convince them that a company is bad is not a bad thing at all.. especially if they don't have a good track record and release games with issues.

While I don't know the details for this game, it doesn't matter at all. The title is 100% accurate regardless of w/e issue is currently taking place. I think anyone who has been here long enough can agree on that.
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

You're basically saying that because you think so, Uber has bad community management? No proof or reasoning needed?

Do you even logic, bro?
    Gorbles and stuart98 like this.
  9. nephandys

nephandys Member

lol this thread should just get stickied and posted after X amount of time passes following an Uber release.

MNC
    SMNC
    MNC Runner (iOS)
    Toy Rush
    PA
    Human Resources
    PA: Titans

All these titles only have one thing in common besides Uber.
  10. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Human Resources was never released, so I'm not sure anyone gets your rather-laboured point.
  11. teapot

Let's try this for logic, I've witnessed their community interaction since MNC was released. Looks like you joined about 3 years after me, so you missed at least one or two major games that had awful community interaction post launch. Part of my post which you must have missed was "I think anyone who has been here long enough can agree on that". I can clearly see how my post comes off that way to you considering you don't meet that requirement and have no idea of the plethora of community issues that has happened. Ignorance is bliss though so keep on keepin' on. I really don't feel the burden of proof is on me here when looking up their history is simple enough.

@nephandys apparently has been here long enough to understand.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Ok... so what I don't get is if Uber is that terrible, WTF are you still doing here?

This is what I get annoyed with, people who decide to dedicate themselves to attacking something long term?

I don't know the history of MNC / SMNC very well (not really my genre of game), but I've followed PA from start to finish and frankly I don't think Uber's done that much wrong. A game development company shouldn't have to be politician level experts in PR. Sadly the gaming community as a general rule seem to be getting more and more toxic and this isn't just in relation to Uber.

Unless a game developer gives in to *all their demands* whilst *not charging a penny* for anything gamers tend to throw a major tantrum.
    badfucatus and stuart98 like this.
  13. cola_colin

I remember I played ~50 hours of MNC. The game cost my 13€ or so. I in fact made this forums account back for MNC. Didn't post much though.
    Great stuff. Dunno what is supposed to be wrong with it?
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  14. mered4

From what I understand, uber made a promise to the mnc guys they couldn't keep due to finances. It was a bad decision on their part but they've improved since then. I've watched their customer interaction mature over the past few years. Uber knows what they are doing for the most part.
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  15. teapot

Have you ever heard of yelp? I bet you'd hate it, people can leave bad reviews on various places when they've had bad service.

I'm here cause MNC is one of my favorite and competitively underrated games. I'd say about 1% of the community had the chance to experience how competitive the game's meta got years after the population decreased. So I've been here this whole time trying to keep an unsupported game alive. Occasionally people post in the pc MNC or SMNC section and I can try to lure them in. My friends post pictures of themselves here and post their music. Why should I leave? MNC was dead in 2013 and I practically kept the private match community going for 2 years in an unsupported game.

Our community had done a secret Santa, and some players have traveled to meet up with others. If you're not catching the point yet, I'm here because of they game I love and support and to keep in touch with some friends. GOD FORBID I acknowledge the various instances where uber had not followed through, or had just gone dark for long periods of time before dropping their plans for something new.

Hell im not even a SMNC player and I remember how that was handled, as well as some of the posts between staff and the competitive players. I think there a giant post out there detailing it.

Glad you enjoy your game, I certainly enjoy mine. No matter how much I enjoy it doesn't change the history of how these games were handled. So you can look at me as some bitter old person looking to go out of their way to attack and destroy a company or w/e. I don't mind as long as one person can take away that there's a lot of issues in uber's history that most are completely ignorant about and decide to actually research what you're backing or funding, especially with a big track record of unfinished games.

@mered4 if I had to sum it up in the very simplest simplest of ways, yes that's kinda part of it but that's more what happened and less how it happened and how it was handled.
  16. cola_colin

What I really don't understand is that it seems that people like you seem to be unhappy that Uber made mistakes in the past that caused MNC not to be played by a huge amount of players forever.
    While that's certainly sad for MNC (I did like to play it myself after all) I would not blame Uber for that. Making games that stay super successful for more than few years is super hard. If it were easy we would all make such super successful games and get rich with them. So to me it seems you are telling a person/company who failed financially with some project: "I am unhappy about the fact that your project failed"? I am sure Uber isn't happy with that either :p
    stuart98, cdrkf and mered4 like this.
  17. mered4

So you are still offended at how someone said ormdid something from years and years ago? I don't know what else to tell you - you need to let that go and forgive them.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Edit: Meh needed a rant, probably too much.
  19. teapot

Like I said, it's easy to research this, I mean really easy. If you guys think I'm strictly talking about MNC then I don't know what to say. They made the same mistake, after mistake, after mistake, with each game. Community management with all of these games have been very poor, if you can somehow debate that then go for it. Sounds like you guys can't since you're again, unaware of what has happened in the past. I'm very forgiving, but one witnessed this company make the same mistakes since day 1 and I haven't seen any change. Maybe it's a bit more obvious to me since I've seen it time and time again. Do you guys think this is the first thread like this? Shouldn't it be a sign of an issue? Why should I forgive a company that doesn't learn from mistakes? Please, tell me why I've read a thread like this for every game they've ever released except for that phone game.

The fact that you guys seem to think all the issues from MNC stem from financial reasons shows me that you have absolutely no understanding of how uber handled their PR, at that time. While they improved since then, they learned to not make extreme promises, but at the same time went completely silent about their future time and time again.

I don't know what's so hard to understand. I get that most of you have no idea what I'm talking about since you guys weren't around for it, but that doesn't change 1) their track record, 2) the fact that they can't stop repeating their same mistakes.

I honestly don't see the point in responding to me. If I were in your guys shoes Id simply look up what I'm talking about. He'll ask the actual developers themselves! Lol I don't think they would deny the issues they've had, they even wrote an article and post apologizing... Regardless of everything, they don't have a great track record with community management despite making what I feel are great games. If you guys feel that simply bringing awareness to the fact that their community management isn't great is somehow doing a disservice to gaming or is somehow being evil, I don't know what to tell you.

Uber is one of my favorite game developers. They make amazing games. I'm just not blind or ignorant to how many of these games have been handled.

Edit: posting from a phone is pretty tough, but AFAIK all these old threads are up and available for you guys to read
  20. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

People probably keep thinking you're on about MNC because MNC is the only direct example you keep on referencing.

I don't think anyone's saying Uber aren't capable of mistakes. What I think they're saying is that the mistakes made will differ each time, and each time Uber tend to learn from the experience.