PA Server API Requests

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by wondible, June 23, 2014.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This would be better as a field in Build Arm blueprints, using a similar boolean logic to buildable_types, rather than an array of blueprints. Also links with the proposal to allow unit IDs in the buildable_types field.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Durr looks like my expected behavior for the second flag got deleted somehow, durr. Reread. :)
  3. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Suggested Flag: impacts_on_water_surface
    Normal Location: in a ammo .json file.
    Variables accepted: true/false
    Default value: false
    Expected Behaviour: If false, ammo behaves the way it behaves right now(passes through water), if true, ammo explodes when it hits water as if hit target/ground.
    Example: In /pa/ammo/base_shell/base_shell.json: "impacts_on_water_surface": true . Add WL_Seafloor target layer to all shell weapons.
    Now shell weapons can fire at commander when it is in water, but if it is deep enough it will be safe.

The issue is important because it doesn't make sense that antiland weapons can't fire at units that are cleary above the water level.
    [​IMG]
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. stuart98

Suggested Flag: "splash_damages_self"
    Normal Location: in a ammo .json file.
    Variables accepted: true/false
    Default value: true
    Prerequisites: "splash_damages_allies": true
    Expected Behaviour: Prevents the ammo from doing splash damage on itself.
    Example: In /pa/ammo/cannon_uber/cannon_uber.json: "splash_damages_self": false

The uber cannon will now do damage to friendly units but not to the commander that fired it.

Because the Uber Cannon needs to become a D-Gun but that can't happen as long as splash damage will hurt the commander.
    Last edited: June 6, 2015
    bsergent likes this.
  5. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Suggested Flag: "devs_listening"
    Normal Location: in this thread
    Variables accepted: on
    Default value: on
    Prerequisites: "sense_of_humor, desire_to_help"
    Expected Behaviour: Devs pay attention to requests for fundamental components from modders eager to expand the user base of the game.
    Example: Devs read this thread and implement what they can or at least explain why they can't/won't.

>.>

(Sorry for the kind of snarky off topic... I'll delete this if someone seriously wants me too, but I'd rather not hehe.)

But seriously, I'd really like to see an auto_ version of just about every basic command. The reclaim and enemy reclaim are no brainers to me. How did auto repair make it in but auto reclaim didn't? That really surprises me.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Suggested Flags:
    • "damage_lifetime"
    • "splash_damage_lifetime"
    Normal Location: ammo .json file.
    Variables accepted: number (seconds)
    Default value: 0 (reacts like normal)
    Prerequisites: none
    Expected Behaviour: Prolongs damage over a set lifetime based on the flags above. Like napalm.
    Example: A new unit that shoots electric pellets can shock the target over time rather than dealing instantaneous damage per shot.
    bsergent and ace63 like this.
  7. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Suggested Flag: "creates_CSG"
    Normal Location: in any ammo .json file.
    Variables accepted: any additive or subtractive CSG filename or "none".
    Default variable: none
    Prerequisites: ammo impacts land unit or the terrain.
    Expected Behaviour: if set the ammo applies the specified CSG to the planet at the site of impact.
    Example: a nucleair missile could leave a crater, a bulldozer could use a tool that flattens terrain and fills in lakes, terraforming becomes possible.
    A bulldozer could dig trenches with subtractive CSG's, or throw up natural walls with additive CSG's, you could use heavy weaponry to crush a mountain to rubble, and bulldoze the terrain into flat base-ready terrain.

The current planetsmash already does this, please expose it for us to tinker with.
    bsergent likes this.
  8. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

That feature basically got removed from the game with the Asteroid update. CSG updates aren't exactly possible, e.g. navigation, collision tests and various other features did never nor will never use the updated planet mesh. Only the visuals have ever been updated properly.
  9. stuart98

I'd like a useability type of "arm_deploy_proj" that puts a unit that uses it into a deploy projectile.

In other words I want a proper unit cannon.
    ace63 and bsergent like this.
  10. killerkiwijuice

A request for anit-entity weapons:

Can we please have a universal value? For example:
    Code:
        "anti_entity_targets": [
            "All"
        ],
    This means the weapon could shoot down anything. Typing every single ammo json would be insane.

Basically this would make shields less tedious.
  11. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

12. killerkiwijuice

nope
    bsergent and stuart98 like this.
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I've organized the outstanding requests into the original post.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The only thing* blocking composable server mods is this: the server will not execute build orders for units not listed in unit_list.json. I presume it's pre-calculating the buildable units somewhere.

* I can't actually be certain it's the only thing since I can't test without this problem. I can assert:

- If I paste an unlisted unit in sandbox mode, it works fine
    - I can add an unlisted unit to the build bar with correct buildable determination, as well as build hover info and world hover info.
    - Clicking the unit build bar icon causes a message to be sent to the server with that unit spec id in it, and the server prints recvCmd() on stdout.
    - If it is in unit_list.json, then it builds correctly.
    Last edited: November 15, 2015