Games!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, March 4, 2015.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Is aiming in Splatoon like Gears of War/MNC or is it like Ratchet and Clank/Jak 2 & 3?
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Insert generic hatepost for the Long War because goddamn does that make everything tedious.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Yeah those hit chances are just silly. Half of the additions are pretty neat. The other half are a good example of how a game tries to screw you.
    Gorbles likes this.
  4. Geers

Ok that was pretty impressive:

Skip to 3:59.
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

The worst part of LW is how they changed the air game.
    Those repair times are ridiculous.

But despite the assholeish additions, it's still a damn excellent mod. A little unbalanced, but the original game wasn't balanced all that well anyway.
  6. Gorbles

Oh, the quality, effort, etc, top notch. I always have time for well-put together mods.

Just not a fan for various reasons!
  7. Geers

Not enough Cthulhu amirite?

Oh my god that would be amazing. Turning XCOM into "Anti-Lovecraftian Monstrosities League"

IF CHARLES STROSS AIN'T GONNA MAKE A GAME SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A MOD!
  8. Gorbles

Every game needs more Cthulhu.

For example, Stonehearth will eventually have giant stonking monsters that attack your town. Cthulhu featured in the Kickstarter pitch.

Stonehearth is a Kickstarter game they're actively working on, currently in Alpha 10 and they normally manage to push out a solid release every week or three (it varies). I've had it on-disk since it was runnable and they were still implementing building templates.

Steam Reviews for it are solid, as well. Really nice-looking, decent UI, well put-together website (and something of a roadmap I think somewhere) and quite a bit of dark humour every now and again.

(this is the Games thread, right?)
    Geers and tunsel11 like this.
  9. Geers

Hey does @Ekanaut know Northernlion? Because on one of his XCOM vids there was a Steam notification that said "Ekanaut is now playing: SteamVR". This happened almost exactly one year ago.

REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!
  10. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Frustrated by the fact that reflex is difficult (It's great though imo), I've been playing quite a lot of dirty bomb recently, and have been having a blast (pun intended, but not very good). It's really fun to play, especially with friends (I only managed to get one to play it so far, but that makes quite a difference already). Afaik there have been some accusations of it being pay to win, but I can't really confirm that. The advantages you gain by having higher tier loadouts seem rather insignificant and you can also buy everything, except for "elite cases", which don't actually give you anything exclusive, just better chances at more valuable (not more powerful I think) stuff, using the ingame currency (the prices for new characters seem pretty ridiculous though). So i guess it's slightly pay to win or "pay to accelerate" or whatever by definition, but in practice it's barely noticable.
    The game also claimed it would kick my teeth in and told me not to be a **** in the beginning. After playing a few rounds I found my teeth to be still intact and the game to be filled with dicks or at least people who were rather upset at the team to which they didn't contribute more than anyone else, but that didn't really matter, because it was...well fun. I shot people and revived others and then the same happened to me a couple of times. I mean...there's not much more to say, teamwork is necessary and usually present to some extent even in non competitive pubs (the only thing I've played so far) and objectives aren't ignored as much as I thought they would be. Some movement beyond "press shift to sprint" is in there too which is always nice.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

My friend is super excited for this!

Hope I can build a unconventional town, possibly Orcs in teepees and yurts!
  12. Geers

This week on "WELL DUH!!": Ubisoft says Watch Dogs made them think that games should work on their platforms:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...etter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=ign-games

stuart98 likes this.
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Anyone hear about Red Ash?
  14. Geers

[​IMG]

Nothing more exciting than a bit of the old Alphitonia Excelsa.
    xankar likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

The kickstarter for the Megaman Legends spiritual successor by the Mighty No. 9 developers.

Red Ash
  16. Geers

Disappointing.

THE TREES OF AUSTRALIA DESERVE A GAME OF THEIR OWN!
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

no man's sky news :
    kjotak109, tehtrekd, tunsel11 and 3 others like this.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm really looking forward to this one :)
    thetrophysystem, tunsel11 and Nicb1 like this.
  19. Geers

cdrkf likes this.
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General