Guess Who Just Beat FTL For The First Time?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thetrophysystem, April 29, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Legit too? Wow.

I have yet to do it illegit, and all I have to do is get one rock homeworld anywhere in a run. THAT ALONE is rare enough to fail at 4-5 times that I have tryed so far...
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yup, legit. I took the screen shot a bit too early, but you'll notice I'm using a Mantis ship and not Rock. Which is kind of annoying since one of the achievements for Rock is finding the secret Crystal sector. :)
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  3. thetrophysystem

Get THAT one with the type C... Isn't like you didn't do Ancestry legit yet.
  4. DeathByDenim

Nope, I don't even want to use the hacking/boarding drone exploit on the final boss. The hard way or no way! :)
  5. thetrophysystem

The hacking boarding drone exploit? o_O
  6. DeathByDenim

When the enemy has an anti-drone drone that zaps your drones, you can circumvent that by depowering your incoming drone just as the anti-drone shoots. That was your incoming drone will stop, and the anti-drone will miss. Then you power on again and your drone will go its merry way.
  7. thetrophysystem

Often that interrupts your own drone, despite not as bad as a "stun" would. Also, is it because the anti-combat drone misses? Because I am pretty sure an inactive drone has a "hitbox", but if it shoots ahead of the drone I can see that working.

Also, I don't think an anti combat drone micromanagement, is any more exploitative, than micromanaging missiles against antimissile drones, or micromanaging missiles to get a boarding drone through, or hacking to get a missile through defense drones, or syncing your weapons up to fire all at once to pierce shields (since the AI doesn't do that neither).

EDIT: Oh, you mean the BOARDING drone penetration by disabling it as it is flying to collide and board the enemy ship. Yeah, it is wierd how it can stop randomly in outer space, and how the defense drone won't just shoot the damn thing while it is perfectly stationary as it ought to, and that glitch works in reverse when they fire a boarding drone and you cloak before collision, it doesn't "miss", it pauses out in space outside your ship until uncloak when it starts flying again.
  8. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that's what I meant. It also applies to the hacking drone thingy.
  9. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!
    2015-05-29_00001.jpg
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  10. thetrophysystem

Flak is OP. You did that with basic lasers after the flak. Instead of 4 shields though, I would have definitely went for a defense drone, possibly MKII.
  11. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Heh, yeah I admit I was slightly carried :rolleyes:

Also, I don't really like getting drones on non-engi ships, it always feels like a waste of scrap.
    I mean you have to get the system, then buy your drone(s) of choice, then upgrade the system and your reactor so you can actually use the drones.
  12. thetrophysystem

Look how much scrap you had. You could have easily afforded it. Besides, few ships can pierce 3 shields, let alone 4. Missiles, however, do free damage and go through shields, a drone completely negates that chance. Preferably, 2 defense drone mkI, because it can stop 2 missiles while shields stop regular firepower, but a single defense drone MKII shoots both missiles and lasers so it is like a bubble of supershield.