Upcoming Work - 3/30/15

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, March 31, 2015.

1. jables

jables Uber Employee

Hey all,

Been a bit quiet lately as we continue working on longer tasks so thought I'd get a post up letting you know what we're up to!

For the next update (looking like mid/late-April) we'll be pushing to get Galactic War save/load, more polish on Single Player Skirmish save/load, as well as resume anywhere in the game loading! You will see these being implemented in small steps throughout PTE development. We have tvinita working on 3 new planet ideas (currently in PTE as of today!), as well as general balance tweaks. We're also working on general performance and bug fixes (as we do most every update). We're still making adjustments as we move forward on it, but as usual, you can find all current PTE notes in the forums here:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-build-79896-pte-is-now-up.68392/

After the save/load work we'll be concentrating on gameplay and system editor polish/bugfix items, as well the stuff below.

The rest of this is stuff we are still working on making fun, so none of it is "confirmed", but thought I'd bring it up for those interested. One thing we are experimenting with is Asteroids making their way into the game. They unfortunately hit the same engineer as save/load, so they are currently on pause, but should be moving forward again soon after. We are also looking at improvements on Galactic War in terms of polish and planet generation (though again, still experimenting).

We're still cranking away on these and others, but unfortunately the items we are working on take longer to get in game, so there are some quiet periods. Just know PA isn't going anywhere and that we have a ton of awesome stuff planned for its future! :D
  2. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

Thanks for the info. That's just what I wanted to hear. :)
    warrenkc likes this.
  3. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

That's what we're talking about!!!! Happy face time :)
    cdrkf and EdWood like this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Having a solid galactic war means a lot for the player retention. GG

Steam charts is showing it to be very steady fortunately, and it's one of the highest player counts for any indie RTS on steam. (Sup comm might still be more, idk; but they dont have a dedicated launcher AFAIK.)
    warrenkc likes this.
  5. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Jables is there plans for new units, more orbital warfare, terrain that affects game play or anything else that's really cool coming to Pa?
  6. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Now I'm not one to toot my own whistles though I love doing it, as I have said many times a solid GW will promise player retention. It just better be good @jables !
  7. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

Apparently Uber is a dangerous place to work.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

... sounds like this will take some time ... just don´t rush it guys ...

also @Planktum *pokes shoulder slowly but repeadedly*
  9. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Yay it's (maybe) happening !

[​IMG]
  10. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Annnnddd allow use to scale the ui
  11. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

You´ve got a big problem and it can all be nailed down to one point. You need more devs!
    (really, you have to find a source for more money!)
    UI-Scaling is a crucial point and should be prioritized a lot.
    When you removed resolution selection from a game and are giving a game resolution scaling in return you´ve only done half of the work. You already improved one aspect, but the other one is untouched! So, please, bring in UI-scaling!