Regarding some details we'll be releasing today

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, August 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i donĀ“t realy know how further capable the engine of this game realy is .. but still the biggest accomplishment imo is the massiv pottential this game and engine has ... i think it is quite the sandbox for modders to come up with some real awesome stuff ...
    also what still impresses me is the scaleability of it ...
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

So all they need is some Cat5 and gaffa tape for health and safety.
  3. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

MEGA CONFIRMED... It's not new but it is NEW....
    [​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Ignore the files...

Attached Files:

4. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

I'm a bit skeptical.

I don't doubt that the "gold" build will be a polished and amazing piece of a game,...
    but I really doubt that Uber is going to manage turning this alpha-like balance in this game into something "golden" until then. That will probably scare off many players. Or maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

Greetings
    ace63 and aapl2 like this.
  5. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

*wink ;) wink ;)
    *Nudge o_O nudge :mad:

#Excited :D:rolleyes::cool:
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

He didn't tell you? Zaphod will be video conferencing while Brad bemoans your lost connec- oh wait.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

*SLAP.marsh
    tatsujb and mered4 like this.
  8. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

This game is amazing, no doubt about it, but will it have the necessary polish come release? (i.e. unit pathing, server performance, total naval overhaul, unit balance). Only time will tell.
    Terrasque likes this.
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

So Oooooooo I'm going to be at pax and playing the 1.0 while hanging with the British power houses and all while brad is probably flexing. Good weekend imbound
  10. Terrasque

Terrasque Member

So let me get this straight, your 1.0 version does not have important, promised features -and you wonder why people are not happy? Really?

Yes, it's GREAT how far the game has come.. But 1.0 has a strong connotation of being complete. If the game is missing offline play, then it's not complete. Sorry. And if you release the game as 1.0 without it being complete, then you should not be surprised that people are unhappy about it.
    ace63 likes this.
  11. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

1.0 may not have it, but It should come soon after. It's alright, don't worry too much.
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Great news Brad!!! I look forward to more news on the awesomeness you've been working on all this time!! I agree on this being a good opportunity to call the game 1.0 and show it first there ;)

I hope that this will make the sales jump and give Uber a break except for some hotfixes. After the break I also hope you guys return and start working on some of the promised features ;)

PA is awesome and really my favourite RTS game ever!! It's the game I've seen grow from the beginning and seen it become more awesome with every update!!

Fantastic work Uber, I can't wait for the release!!
    Last edited: August 25, 2014
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  13. Terrasque

Terrasque Member

Pony warz! :D

Anyway, as I said...

If it's not complete, then don't release it as 1.0. People will judge the game from the 1.0 release, not the 1.x uber release X months later.

"It's not really complete, but we'll just release it as 1.0 now and then fix it up later".. The history of PC games shows that that's a really bad idea, and honestly, wasn't the half point of kickstarter that **** like this wouldn't happen?

Personally, I feel Uber is either doing a money grab, or a statement about "this is what we're really wiling to do, the rest.. we'll see". Be honest. Look at the latest builds. Do they feel 1.0 ready? Is the balance okay? Does pathing work well enough? Are naval practical? Are the generated planets tactically interesting to play on? If those issues are still in the "1.0" release, and offline, DRM free play missing.. Then I will be terribly disappointed in Uber. It's not what the release should be, and they know it.
  14. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

NO, the point of kickstarter developers don't have to be subservient and initial funding is crowd sourced.;)
    corteks and pieman2906 like this.
  15. felipec

felipec Active Member

Great news! PA is indeed awesome!
    Can't wait for the new build =)
    ArchieBuld and cdrkf like this.
  16. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Same here! This new build is going to be awesome, with all the gas giants and this mysterious new annihilation option. Who knows what it could be?
  17. cheezeit

cheezeit Member

Yayz :)

Always good to see more releases.

If I may ask, should we expect access on Steam/download for dedicated server on this release? I'm gearing up on my end for it. I know others are as well (Brian comes to mind).

I think we're all eagerly awaiting. Especially yalls cause it's crunch-time and a half over there.

Have fun at PAX by the way. I expect no one to be sober. I also expect you (Brad) to POOMP....US UP with teasers :)
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Welcome to the forums.
  19. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

I'm well stoked about this! Can people stop moaning about what's missing (at the moment), and start trying to figure out what this new 'mysterious new annihilation option' is.
    And by the way Uber, well done, you should be proud of what you have achieved.

Oh and Brad, come on man.... Screen shots PLEASE
  20. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Welcome to the forums

There will not be off-line play yet. The server functionality isn't ready yet to be released so they're holding it back to work on it. They will eventually release it.;)
    cdrkf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.